Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 336021 times)

trtlcake

This is a tool for cable-free synchronization between MusicBee on a PC and an Android device.
You must first connect and sync with a cable once.
You do not need to enter the IP address of the server, but please make sure that the PC on which MusicBee is running can communicate beyond the firewall.
Next, choose whether you want to save the music files to internal storage or an SD card.
Finally, Sync and they should be synchronized. That's all there is to the tool.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Thank you for doing this, it seems to work for me. However, the ratings do not synchronise from Gonemad to Musicbee. Can you advise whether this should be working? Perhaps it is just an issue on my end.

kimt1688

I have been communicating with Google since the beginning of this month and I am unable to use MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE because they claim it is not a “core feature”. I've decided that the only way to register with Google is to disable reverse sync, so I'm going to try registering with F-Droid.

boroda

I have been communicating with Google since the beginning of this month and I am unable to use MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE because they claim it is not a “core feature”. I've decided that the only way to register with Google is to disable reverse sync, so I'm going to try registering with F-Droid.

ohh, well, that's fantastic news. i don't understand why google so cares for me  ;D

BoringName

You need to read up on "Scoped Storage". It was introduced in Android 11 and could be bypassed with a flag but from Android 12 it couldn't be bypassed anymore. Since then you need to justify the use of "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" or google will reject the app from the play store. Which is going to be hard to do for a music sharing app, that permission is pretty much reserved for file managing apps because it gives access to everything.

You just need to setup Scoped Storage so the app can access audio files only and whatever folder the user selects. Once you do that google shouldn't have an issue with it.

I can't help anymore than that as I never got around to researching how to implement Scoped Storage.

kimt1688

You need to read up on "Scoped Storage". It was introduced in Android 11 and could be bypassed with a flag but from Android 12 it couldn't be bypassed anymore. Since then you need to justify the use of "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" or google will reject the app from the play store. Which is going to be hard to do for a music sharing app, that permission is pretty much reserved for file managing apps because it gives access to everything.

You just need to setup Scoped Storage so the app can access audio files only and whatever folder the user selects. Once you do that google shouldn't have an issue with it.

I can't help anymore than that as I never got around to researching how to implement Scoped Storage.

I am building as an app for Android 13 or later, so Scoped Storage is already forced (since Android 11), plus this means of accessing external storage the old fashioned way. The information used for reverse sync is in internal storage.

Poweramp
Uri.parse("content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/files")
GoneMAD
 /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xml

Music files and playlists have already been rewritten to be copied using MediaStore with "READ_MEDIA_AUDIO" permission enabled.
Currently, I believe that if I disable reverse sync, it will pass Google's review without any problem.
But what is the point of this app with reverse sync disabled, beyond syncing via cable connection? That one point is what makes me stick with reverse sync.

And currently, I can't implement reverse sync in any way other than "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" using the sources I have.

phred

• Global Moderator
But what is the point of this app with reverse sync disabled, beyond syncing via cable connection? That one point is what makes me stick with reverse sync.
Thanks for the work you're putting in to this plugin.

For me, the joy of using it comes from the much faster WiFi syncing. I don't care about play counts and I don't create playlists on my portable devices. So the ability to have a fast sync makes it all worthwhile. I know there are more users who care about the reverse sync capability than those who don't, so keep on pushing until you find a solution that works for everyone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

BoringName

GoneMAD

I don't know about poweramp but can't you just prompt the user to give permission to the gmmp folder?

Google doesn't like apps using ""MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"" when it's not necessary because it's just a blanket access to all files but I believe you can still prompt the user for permission to individual files/folders. At least that's how I thought it worked.

IrnoicBez

I am building as an app for Android 13 or later, so Scoped Storage is already forced (since Android 11), plus this means of accessing external storage the old fashioned way. The information used for reverse sync is in internal storage.

Poweramp
GoneMAD

Music files and playlists have already been rewritten to be copied using MediaStore with "READ_MEDIA_AUDIO" permission enabled.
Currently, I believe that if I disable reverse sync, it will pass Google's review without any problem.

And currently, I can't implement reverse sync in any way other than "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" using the sources I have.
Hey, I'm using your app. So far it seems to almost work (i've been having issues with cabled sync with my new phone).
Here are two issues I found with your app so maybe you can fix them in the future:
1) Pressing "Stop" during Sync doesn't actually stop the sync. (This also happened in other apks I have tried from this topic)
2) Synchronization stops if a file with an emoji in the filename is passed. (I get WifiSyncAbort: Invalid data detected during decoding.)

Thank you for your work, I really appreciate the effort.

smallpharma

Hello all! I have had some moderate success using the wireless transfer app, but for some reason which I cant seem to figure out on my own about half of the tracks I try to send fail and return the following error message:

Code
2024-05-30: locate: search=10.0.0., exclude=10.0.0.149
22:18:51: ping: socket ok=/10.0.0.130
22:18:51: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
22:18:51: ping: matched=/10.0.0.130,status=OK
22:18:51: ping: socket ok=/10.0.0.130
22:18:51: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
22:18:51: ping: matched=/10.0.0.130,status=OK
22:19:13: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/Various Artists - Botanic House Vol. 1.jpg
22:19:16: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/Total Science - Algebra   Forcefield.jpg
22:19:22: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/Various Artists - Total Science 2.jpg
22:19:24: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/Sutekh - Miasma EP.jpg
22:19:29: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Southern Comforters/Quick, Call The King/Southern Comforters - Quick, Call The King.jpg
22:19:32: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Soul Capsule/The Meaning/Soul Capsule - The Meaning.jpg
22:19:35: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/Rene Wise - Moving Pressure 01.jpg
22:19:41: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Artemis; New Balance/Elysian Fields   Desideradi   Reflections   Secret Portraits/Artemis; New Balance - Elysian Fields   Desideradi   Reflections   Secret Portraits.jpg
22:19:44: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/LAAK/Austere 008/LAAK - Austere 008.jpg
22:19:50: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/Daffy - Like This Like That.jpg
22:20:01: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Basic Channel/Lyot Rmx/Basic Channel - Lyot Rmx.jpg
22:20:02: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Analog~1/Untitled/Analog~1 - Untitled.jpg
22:20:03: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Underground Resistance/Nation 2 Nation/Underground Resistance - Nation 2 Nation.jpg
22:20:04: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/The Phantasy/Ibiza/The Phantasy - Ibiza.jpg
22:20:06: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Seba/Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash/Seba - Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash.jpg
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/04 - Point Four.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/LAAK/Austere 008/02 - Day by Day.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:22:19: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:22:22: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/Various Artists - Botanic House Vol. 1.jpg
22:22:28: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Theorem/Ion/Theorem - Ion.jpg
22:22:31: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/Various Artists - Total Science 2.jpg
22:22:33: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/Sutekh - Miasma EP.jpg
22:22:35: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Southern Comforters/Quick, Call The King/Southern Comforters - Quick, Call The King.jpg
22:22:38: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Soul Capsule/The Meaning/Soul Capsule - The Meaning.jpg
22:22:41: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Richie Hawtin/Minus Orange/Richie Hawtin - Minus Orange.jpg
22:22:42: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/Rene Wise - Moving Pressure 01.jpg
22:22:46: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Purelink/To   Deep/Purelink - To   Deep.jpg
22:22:48: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Mugon/[untitled]/Mugon - [untitled].jpg
22:22:50: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/LAAK/Austere 008/LAAK - Austere 008.jpg
22:22:52: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/Daffy - Like This Like That.jpg
22:22:54: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Sun Children/Soleil   Seduction/Sun Children - Soleil   Seduction.jpg
22:22:58: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Basic Channel/Lyot Rmx/Basic Channel - Lyot Rmx.jpg
22:23:07: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Andrew McLauchlan/Love Story/Andrew McLauchlan - Love Story.jpg
22:23:08: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Underground Resistance/Nation 2 Nation/Underground Resistance - Nation 2 Nation.jpg
22:23:10: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Morose/Mineral Cuts 01/Morose - Mineral Cuts 01.jpg
22:23:11: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Seba/Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash/Seba - Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash.jpg
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/04 - Point Four.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/LAAK/Austere 008/02 - Day by Day.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-A. - Algebra.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:25:12: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-A. - Algebra.flac
22:25:15: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/Various Artists - Botanic House Vol. 1.jpg
22:25:23: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Wamdue Kids/Ocean Between Us/Wamdue Kids - Ocean Between Us.jpg
22:25:27: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Total Science/Algebra   Force Field/Total Science - Algebra   Force Field.jpg
22:25:30: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/Various Artists - Total Science 2.jpg
22:25:32: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/Sutekh - Miasma EP.jpg
22:25:39: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Southern Comforters/Quick, Call The King/Southern Comforters - Quick, Call The King.jpg
22:25:43: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Soul Capsule/The Meaning/Soul Capsule - The Meaning.jpg
22:25:45: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/Rene Wise - Moving Pressure 01.jpg
22:25:49: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Purelink/To   Deep/Purelink - To   Deep.jpg
22:25:52: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/LAAK/Austere 008/LAAK - Austere 008.jpg
22:25:54: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/Daffy - Like This Like That.jpg
22:25:59: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Basic Channel/Lyot Rmx/Basic Channel - Lyot Rmx.jpg
22:26:10: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Andrew McLauchlan/Love Story/Andrew McLauchlan - Love Story.jpg
22:26:11: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Underground Resistance/Nation 2 Nation/Underground Resistance - Nation 2 Nation.jpg
22:26:13: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/The Phantasy/Ibiza/The Phantasy - Ibiza.jpg
22:26:14: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Seba/Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash/Seba - Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash.jpg
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/04 - Point Four.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/LAAK/Austere 008/02 - Day by Day.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-A. - Algebra.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/02 - Miasma Version.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/03 - Trinkets.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-A. - Algebra.flac
22:27:42: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/02 - Miasma Version.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-AA. - Forcefield.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/04 - Point Four.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/02 - Horn Section.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/02 - Caging Green.mp3
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/06 - Sometimes I Hear Sirens.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/LAAK/Austere 008/02 - Day by Day.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/02 - Save My Soul.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/03 - Holding On 4 U.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/04 - Like This Like That.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/01 - Temptation.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Total Science/Algebra   Forcefield/1-A. - Algebra.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/02 - Miasma Version.flac
22:27:47: Data: /storage/emulated/0/Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/03 - Trinkets.flac
22:27:50: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Botanic House Vol. 1/Various Artists - Botanic House Vol. 1.jpg
22:27:58: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Wamdue Kids/Ocean Between Us/Wamdue Kids - Ocean Between Us.jpg
22:28:02: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Total Science/Algebra   Force Field/Total Science - Algebra   Force Field.jpg
22:28:08: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Various Artists/Total Science 2/Various Artists - Total Science 2.jpg
22:28:10: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Sutekh/Miasma EP/Sutekh - Miasma EP.jpg
22:28:13: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Southern Comforters/Quick, Call The King/Southern Comforters - Quick, Call The King.jpg
22:28:17: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Soul Capsule/The Meaning/Soul Capsule - The Meaning.jpg
22:28:20: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Richie Hawtin/Minus Orange/Richie Hawtin - Minus Orange.jpg
22:28:21: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Rene Wise/Moving Pressure 01/Rene Wise - Moving Pressure 01.jpg
22:28:24: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Artemis; New Balance/Elysian Fields   Desideradi   Reflections   Secret Portraits/Artemis; New Balance - Elysian Fields   Desideradi   Reflections   Secret Portraits.jpg
22:28:27: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/LAAK/Austere 008/LAAK - Austere 008.jpg
22:28:29: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Daffy/Like This Like That/Daffy - Like This Like That.jpg
22:28:33: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Basic Channel/Lyot Rmx/Basic Channel - Lyot Rmx.jpg
22:28:37: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Underground Resistance/Nation 2 Nation/Underground Resistance - Nation 2 Nation.jpg
22:28:39: receiveFile: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIME type image/jpeg cannot be inserted into content://media/external_primary/audio/media; expected MIME type under audio/*: file=Music/Seba/Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash/Seba - Valley Of The Moomins   Car Crash.jpg

Apologies if the answer is glaringly obvious or has been answered before, I have tried searching the forums and havent found anything similar, and am also extremely bad with computers to be quite honest. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated !

BoringName

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated !

If you are using kimt688's version of the app, I expect it's related to the app only being able to access audio files as per kimt1688's last post. From the error log you posted it's having issues with the cover art jpeg files.

They probably need to alter the app to handle image files as well.

A workaround for you would be to imbed the cover art in the song file instead of having it as a separate image file in each album folder.

glimpsefamerule

Anybody able to get Poweramp playcounts to sync in android 13+

You need the paid version of Poweramp for it to work.

If you have the paid version and it's still not working, the only thing I can suggest is changing to GoneMad as I know that works. You need the paid version for that too.

I have been running into this issue as well. Files and playlists sync fine, but playcounts do not update. I have the full version of Poweramp and have tried a few variants of the Wifi Sync APK, but nothing I have tried has worked. On Android 14 on a Pixel 7 Pro.

kimt1688

I have been running into this issue as well. Files and playlists sync fine, but playcounts do not update. I have the full version of Poweramp and have tried a few variants of the Wifi Sync APK, but nothing I have tried has worked. On Android 14 on a Pixel 7 Pro.
I have written about Poweramp before,
to retrieve the playback history and update it to MusicBee.
This is a bit technical, but this Uri.parse is an internal storage,
/Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/
This is equivalent to accessing the internal storage under /Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/data/.
And access to this folder is no longer allowed and can only be accessed in the normal way with a rooted device.
It is undeniable that there was a lack of testing of the interactions between GoneMad and PowerAMP. But this is my mistake. And there is probably no solution.
It is very likely that it is also failing for GoneMAD, but I have addressed it to you for a solution.
Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 02:35:08 PM by kimt1688

kimt1688

In my developed version of MusicBee Wifi Sync, the issues I am currently aware of are as follows
・Checking and solving the problem that the playlists are not overwritten and sometimes increase after each Sync like (1), (2), (3).
・Verification and resolution of the issue that the PowerAmp and GoneMAD are not working together properly, and support continuation and truncation of support.

These are the two major issues. I would like to address these issues as soon as possible, but it may take some time. For those issues for which I have a solution, I will try it and if it works, it will be done, but for those that do not, your bug reports will be a valuable source of information.

glimpsefamerule

I have written about Poweramp before,
to retrieve the playback history and update it to MusicBee.
This is a bit technical, but this Uri.parse is an internal storage,
/Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/
This is equivalent to accessing the internal storage under /Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/data/.
And access to this folder is no longer allowed and can only be accessed in the normal way with a rooted device.
It is undeniable that there was a lack of testing of the interactions between GoneMad and PowerAMP. But this is my mistake. And there is probably no solution.
It is very likely that it is also failing for GoneMAD, but I have addressed it to you for a solution.

Thank you for the explanation. I assumed it was a file system permission, since that was the big issue with newer versions of Android. I appreciate all your work!

kimt1688

It has passed the initial review by Google and will soon enter the closed testing phase.I have prepared a single binary that runs on Android 11 and above, but Google requires "new apps" to run on Android 13 and above, so that's what I've prepared.

I would like to share the URL of the application so that everyone can participate if possible. Closed testing must be done by at least 20 people for 14 days.
As for the current state of the app, it is a slightly updated version of the one that is available on my site as an Android 13 and 14 version.
I have left the reverse sync for GoneMAD, but I am not sure if the current process of getting access to stats.xml is sufficient. However, if you have access, the process has not been rewritten, so the reverse sync should work as it did in the past.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kim.tkland.musicbeewifisync

You will need to add your email address in order to participate in the closed test. To do this, you can either choose to have me add them individually from the admin page.
Once your email address is registered, you will be able to access the Google Play Store from the URL above, and you will be able to install the test version.
This is a tedious procedure that only Google can handle, but if you are still interested in participating, please send an email to [email protected]

Some points to note on the specifications
・Only music files and playlist files can be copied due to MediaStore limitations. As was reported here the other day, image files will result in an error. Please embed the cover art in the music file and transfer it.
・Due to MediaStore limitations, .m3u is added after the playlist file. However, m3u files will be transferred as is as an exception. I think there is no problem in operation about .m3u8, but I have not confirmed about wpl. Please use .m3u for playlist settings.
・I have not encountered any other unpredictable behavior that cannot be returned by wired sync, so please have your cables ready when participating in the test.