Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 319424 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Before you try Boring Name's APK, try a wired sync and see if you get the same behavior. If it does, then the Boring Name APK might work better for you, but it's sole purpose is to get around Android's folder restriction. At this point you've got nothing to lose by trying it.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

For the record, I'm using a Galaxy S22 with Android OS 14 and my syncs are working properly with only the selected playlists being copied over.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Haljeff

Anybody able to get Poweramp playcounts to sync in android 13+

BoringName

Anybody able to get Poweramp playcounts to sync in android 13+

You need the paid version of Poweramp for it to work.

If you have the paid version and it's still not working, the only thing I can suggest is changing to GoneMad as I know that works. You need the paid version for that too.

sjc91

There is no sign of the musicbee wifi sync app on the playstore.

Is it safe to just download the apk from here or something similar?

https://musicbee-wifi-sync.en.uptodown.com/android

also is the MB wifisync app the only way to allow 2-way sync?

BoringName

Is it safe to just download the apk from here or something similar?
https://musicbee-wifi-sync.en.uptodown.com/android

Considering it has Steve's name on it and it's dated October 2023, which is years after he stopped releasing updates, it's either a dodgy file or they have scraped it from somewhere else to generate traffic to their site. Either way it's probably not going to work if you are on Android 13 or later.

If you go back a few pages in this thread, some people have provided links to updated versions that should work. One of them is mine but I compiled that a year and half ago, there might be better options.

Steven

• Administrator
Just regarding the google play store, the app I uploaded has been delisted by Google as it is missing a data safety form and requires resubmission but I dont think MB is compliant any more and wont pass the submission test. I dont want anything more to do with maintaining the app or the google process so wont take any action.