The "upmix stereo to 5.1" option under "Player" is fantastic, however, as it only outputs 6 channels, side speakers are ignored. I can go into the settings file "MusicBee3Settings.ini" in AppData and set "PlayerUpmixChannelCount" to 8 instead of 6 and it will work perfectly, outputting 8 channels, meaning my side speakers are used as well as all other speakers, however if I ever change a setting in MusicBee again, it will reset to the default of 6, and I have to adjust the value in the config file again.
Obviously, everything is already there for the program to support outputting to more than just 6 channels, so it would be really great if there was either a dropdown box to select the number of channels to output to (ex: 2.1, 5.1, 7.1) or if there was simply a dialog box that allowed the input of a number of channels to output to. Either option would allow the desired functionality of outputting to all channels available on the audio device.
I am not sure how the interface is designed, but I think it would be fairly simple to make this option more configurable, and it would really benefit anyone who has more than a 5.1 setup.
Thank you for the otherwise fantastic program!
I uninstalled the Windows 10 Store app and reinstalled the non-store application and lo and behold, it works again. I forgot that I had changed to the Win 10 Store app. Looks like this might be an issue with that app. I might test it with a clean Windows 10 Store app on my laptop to see if I can get it to start back up and will document what I had to do to make it fail again.
Portable or installable version?
What's your full path to MusicBee.exe? Are you installed in a user-protected directory on your C: drive?
Try whitelisting the entire MB directory in your AV/Security app. Especially if you use Avast, but even if you don't.
Also try the latest patch. See my sig.
Hi I just installed an update from version 3.2 to version 3.3.7016 an getting System.Unauthorizedaccessexception: error after update to 3.3.7016 here is the total error message
Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
I have an HP Pavilion Windows 10 completely updated
Everything worked fine until this update. Not sure how to resolve this. Can someone help me out.
Tested on another podcast from a different source and I get the same error.
Nope. If you look at the downloads while they are downloading this exact error comes up...here a screenshot.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj52dBuXYLzSgZlwEQYaxZinyzQrxA
I told it was odd. It worked for a while and now it doesn't.
Last post by frankz on April 20, 2019, 11:30:37 PM | Started by frankz
OK - I looked at this a little bit more.
The "across two installs" part is irrelevant
The part about the "books" being stored on a network share is irrelevant
The "file access" error seems to have been a one-off
Progress is consistently erased for my "books" although they all have the option selected to remember it.
Here's what happens.
Start a "book," then stop at some point without listening to anything else after ("book" stays loaded in player). Close MB, open MB. Progress is erased on startup.
Start a "book," move on to some music, close MB. Open MB. Progress from the book is still there.
This happened consistently. I tried each scenario about 5 times. If I listen to something after the book, the progress gets kept the next time I open MB. If I close MB without unloading the book from Now Playing (I do stop playback), progress is erased when I start MB (I see the % Played actually go from a percentage to blank).
If it matters, I have "do nothing" selected for "On Startup."
Last post by sveakul on April 20, 2019, 10:43:51 PM | Started by sveakul
Hey, Steven fixed the binding and now you can call up the Options GUI with a right-click!! And make changes realtime!!
Thanks zkhcohen for working the problem and determining the issue, and to Steven for applying the fix! Everyone should now update their MusicBee here: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
This thing works like a BEAST now, come one, come all, grab the download from the first post!
Last post by sveakul on April 20, 2019, 10:40:15 PM | Started by sveakul
YEAH! It sure does! Thanks, Steven!!
Last post by Steven on April 20, 2019, 10:28:05 PM | Started by sveakul