Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 342278 times)

kimt1688

It has passed the initial review by Google and will soon enter the closed testing phase.I have prepared a single binary that runs on Android 11 and above, but Google requires "new apps" to run on Android 13 and above, so that's what I've prepared.

I would like to share the URL of the application so that everyone can participate if possible. Closed testing must be done by at least 20 people for 14 days.
As for the current state of the app, it is a slightly updated version of the one that is available on my site as an Android 13 and 14 version.
I have left the reverse sync for GoneMAD, but I am not sure if the current process of getting access to stats.xml is sufficient. However, if you have access, the process has not been rewritten, so the reverse sync should work as it did in the past.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kim.tkland.musicbeewifisync

You will need to add your email address in order to participate in the closed test. To do this, you can either choose to have me add them individually from the admin page.
Once your email address is registered, you will be able to access the Google Play Store from the URL above, and you will be able to install the test version.
This is a tedious procedure that only Google can handle, but if you are still interested in participating, please send an email to [email protected]

Some points to note on the specifications
・Only music files and playlist files can be copied due to MediaStore limitations. As was reported here the other day, image files will result in an error. Please embed the cover art in the music file and transfer it.
・Due to MediaStore limitations, .m3u is added after the playlist file. However, m3u files will be transferred as is as an exception. I think there is no problem in operation about .m3u8, but I have not confirmed about wpl. Please use .m3u for playlist settings.
・I have not encountered any other unpredictable behavior that cannot be returned by wired sync, so please have your cables ready when participating in the test.

The method to participate in the closed test has been changed. I started out on the mailing list and wrote to ask for your email address, but I have changed it to Google Groups.
You can join the closed test by joining the Google Group called "MusicBee Wifi Sync Test" with the email address [email protected].

trtlcake

I have tried to join the google groups but I cannot find it when I search. Can you confirm that it is available? It may be I am searching incorrectly.

kimt1688

I made a mistake in the settings.
I had left the people who could see the group as the default members only.
After it was pointed out to us, we changed it so that all people can see the group.

Neo_Violence

For anyone else who wants to participate: Go to Google Groups, select "All groups and messages " at the top and search for "MusicBee Wifi Sync Test". Then you can join the group.

kimt1688

Currently, 13 people, not including myself, have joined the Google Group for closed testing.
We need 7 more people to join, as we need 20 people to join and 14 more days of closed testing in order to proceed to the next open test.
If you don't have time to participate in the test, you don't have to test strictly. However, I want you to join the group and have the closed test version of the app installed on your device. Otherwise, you will not be counted as a participant.
It is not yet complete, and the one dropped from my site may be better for practical use.
However, I think I can implement it without MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE up to reverse sync with GoneMAD.
There are still some improvements to be made in the behavior on devices without SD cards, but I am working on it every day, hoping to have a more decent test version out in the next week or so.

*** Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) ***