Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 575543 times)

BeeBeeKing

If i can make a suggestion: On the Forum Home page could those topics that have posts for the current day show "Today" in a different color eg "Today" That way it is immediately obvious which forums have a new post.

Gendji

Hot damn, the new website and forum are looking great.

Tested them on several normal and mobile screen resolutions and it all looks very good.

Congrats on a job very well done!

hiccup

When adding a skin, you can (and must) only select 'MusicBee 3' under 'Minimum Supported MusicBee Version'.
No option to leave it open, or select v2.x.
searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

hiccup

This is very minor, but not small enough not for me to nag about it ;-)

When you want to enter the subject for a PM and click that field to do so, the text "(No subject)" stays in place, so you will have to remove it manually.
It would be nice if that field was cleared as soon as you click it.

searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

hiccup

The 'page selector' is located both at the top and the bottom of the page when you are navigating in a thread with many posts. (which is good)

But when you are on the topics page, it is only located at the top.
Could we also have it at the bottom there?

phred

• Global Moderator
When adding a skin, you can (and must) only select 'MusicBee 3' under 'Minimum Supported MusicBee Version'.
No option to leave it open, or select v2.x.
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
When you want to enter the subject for a PM and click that field to do so, the text "(No subject)" stays in place, so you will have to remove it manually.
It would be nice if that field was cleared as soon as you click it.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
The 'page selector' is located both at the top and the bottom of the page when you are navigating in a thread with many posts. (which is good)

But when you are on the topics page, it is only located at the top.
Could we also have it at the bottom there?
Or at least an 'up arrow' button that would take the user to the top of the page.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Just a suggestion for the add-ons section:
Might it not be better for skins, plugins, etc to be sorted alphabetically by name as the default, rather than by posting date?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Can you make the magnifying glass icon in the search box clickable to execute the search? Currently it seems only pressing enter key works.
Also if you type a long string in the box, it overlaps with the glass icon.

Skoop

Sorry if this is a duplicate comment, but...

that brown highlight is butt ugly.  

The icons indicate sticky or locked.  Do you really need the color overlay?  It's most unsightly. 

Sofocl

Sorry if this is a duplicate comment, but...

that brown highlight is butt ugly.  

The icons indicate sticky or locked.  Do you really need the color overlay?  It's most unsightly.
+1
Sorry for my bad English.

hiccup

Something slightly similar has been suggested before.
A different color background could work, perhaps something more like this:
(and I added some slightly more visible horizontal divider lines)

edit:

and similar for the light version:

Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 02:33:39 PM by hiccup

Skoop

I wish that the dark theme was entirely dark like that, instead of the washed out, faded, not-so-black like it is now.  I reiterate that I see little visual benefit from making the locked/pinned threads a different color. 

I'd really like a white-on-black theme period.  The stickied threads don't need help. 

hiccup

I wish that the dark theme was entirely dark like that, instead of the washed out, faded, not-so-black like it is now.
I'd really like a white-on-black theme period.

That's a matter of taste of course. Personally I love the dark grey tones and it's subtlety.

Also to me the different background color for sticky posts certainly does serve a purpose.
Your eyes will be able to quickly focus on the topmost 'newest' posts, and learn to 'ignore' the sticky posts. (which might not be that interesting to 'frequent flyers')
Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:28:10 PM by hiccup