Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 574155 times)

hiccup

The text "Site build with ..." is very dark unless you hover over.
I am guessing that is not intentional there?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There are only two other moderators left from the original six set up by Steven.
Looking at the top ten posters from the stats page, maybe redwing and psychoadept might be interested in becoming moderators, to bring the moderator numbers back up to the original level.

I'm willing
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I feel that there is a lot of focus and reserved estate for 'statistics' on the main page.

Anybody interested in such statistics can look that up in the statistics page.

Less is more!
After using the new forum layout for a few days, and even posting that the topic/post count on the main page should remain but made smaller, I have reconsidered. I now feel that not only do those stats waste space, but they detract from the overall look.

@AvikB - if you're going to do one final tweak/update, please consider the removal of the stats. As hiccup stated, anyone who wants them can find them on the stats link near the bottom of the main page.

Thanks for considering.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

I'm not sure how it works but does this site check the version of each add-on and places the ones with the most recent version change at the front of "Recently Updated" add-on list? Currently it seems add-ons with whatever kind of updates just get listed regardless of version change (but I'm not sure as I didn't test version change).

I'd say that's an important feature that could allow people to keep their add-ons up to date without having to check each add-on board regularly. Also, consider adding the "Recently Updated" list under every category as currently it's only under "all" category.

hiccup

This has been discussed a lot in the past, and I am not sure what the last consensus on this was, so I'm just gonna phrase this as if this hasn't been discussed before at all.

At the bottom on the main forum page, under 'Get the latest MusicBee', the related button directs to a download page that only contains the installer versions.
Shouldn't there also be a permanent link to the latest patch?
Especially since in the forum the advice often given is: 'download and install the latest patch'.

Steven

• Administrator
There are only two other moderators left from the original six set up by Steven.
Looking at the top ten posters from the stats page, maybe redwing and psychoadept might be interested in becoming moderators, to bring the moderator numbers back up to the original level.

I'm willing
Thanks. I haved added you

hiccup

@AvikB,

I think I know the answer, but you never know...

When I disable having avatars displayed, that will work fine as long as I am logged in.
But as soon as I log out, those avatars show up again.

Would it be possible to have avatars not showing (by means of browser cache or something) when browsing the forum, even when not logged-in?

Steven

• Administrator
After using the new forum layout for a few days, and even posting that the topic/post count on the main page should remain but made smaller, I have reconsidered. I now feel that not only do those stats waste space, but they detract from the overall look.

@AvikB - if you're going to do one final tweak/update, please consider the removal of the stats. As hiccup stated, anyone who wants them can find them on the stats link near the bottom of the main page.

Thanks for considering.
I would like to at least have the stats on the bottom line not removed from the main page (total posts, total members, newest member etc) as thats useful to me

hiccup

I would like to at least have the stats on the bottom line not removed from the main page (total posts, total members, newest member etc) as thats useful to me

Such was in my proposal too, but got Lost in Quotation:

"In my opinion the fonts for the numbers in these rectangles could be a lot smaller, and I might even argue that the total number of posts in the vertical rectangle is not useful or relevant to have there, and might as well be removed altogether.
Anybody interested in such statistics can look that up in the statistics page."

BeeBeeKing

I'm getting used to the new forum.....however one thing that puzzles me a bit:
The topics that have "new" on them seem to behave differently from the old forum. In the old forum new topics seemed to be new since my last visit.
In the new forum, new topics seem to stay new unless read or marked as read, is this correct?

boroda

i was out of home during several weeks and now looking at new site. first impression is very good, but i think new design is very... hmm, not compact. cant phrase this correctly and in details.

Steven

• Administrator
i was out of home during several weeks and now looking at new site. first impression is very good, but i think new design is very... hmm, not compact. cant phrase this correctly and in details.
Some people feel there is too much whitespace. i think it depends on the the width of your screen - on a wide screen it looks proportionate to me

boroda

Some people feel there is too much whitespace. i think it depends on the the width of your screen - on a wide screen it looks proportionate to me
yes, very much whitespace, especially vertically. of course i mean only forum, not the whole website. i have fullhd monitor now, so thats hardly the problem.