Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 548339 times)

AvikB

Website & Forum Design is complete for v1.
Finally, after couple of months in creating and testing the site and improving with the help of the community the website is finished and launched.

This is a complete rewrite and built from the ground up(except for the Forum) to meet the latest web standards. The site is designed with HTML5, SCSS, PHP, MYSQL, JS(+JQuery) and supports all the latest browsers including mobile devices.

Currently the website is now at version 1.x, and there won't be any completely new feature implementation at this point, only bug fixes and optimization.

So what now?
I still have few more features that i wanted to implement, all of those will be made available for the next major website release. Which should be couple months from now on (no promises though ;) ).

Github: https://github.com/Avik-B/musicbee-website/
Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:37:56 AM by AvikB

Alumni

This demo looks rather nice, very simple but in a good way.

AvikB

Added Tagging Tool info on the page, also little bit polished now. should look good :)

AvikB

AvikB

Steven

• Administrator
i like this a lot more than the current home page. It has the right balance of showing relevant information in a visually attractive way. It may not even need a features page.
I do have some concerns if it was to be taken further. The people who helped out with the current site design are no longer active on the forums and i dont have the time or skills to do any PHP scripting to integrate the forum into that look. So someone with those skills would need to help out.

AvikB

I can do HTML and CSS3 part, also i do have PHP knowledge, i don't think it will be THAT hard :S

I can help if you want. OFC, i have to look at some of the code on the home page.

As for feature page, i agree, but i can make a nice looking feature page if needed :)

AvikB

i like this a lot more than the current home page. It has the right balance of showing relevant information in a visually attractive way. It may not even need a features page.
I do have some concerns if it was to be taken further. The people who helped out with the current site design are no longer active on the forums and i dont have the time or skills to do any PHP scripting to integrate the forum into that look. So someone with those skills would need to help out.

Well check the original, post i have updated with the new forum look! it is a THEME so no modification is required to any files of the forum.
also the theme is fully functional. i can send you the theme files if interested.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Very, very nice.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
well i think it all looks great.
I already have http://test.getmusicbee.com/ available as a testing site so i could grant ftp access to it for anyone willing to participate in creating a new website version.
However i still feel a bit nervous about the forum only because i know the current one had various bits of standard smf code modified. So having someone who knows what they are doing with the PHP code would be helpful.
Perhaps it will be possible to have a fully functioning forum that points to the current forum database with the new look?

AvikB

well i think it all looks great.
I already have http://test.getmusicbee.com/ available as a testing site so i could grant ftp access to it for anyone willing to participate in creating a new website version.
However i still feel a bit nervous about the forum only because i know the current one had various bits of standard smf code modified. So having someone who knows what they are doing with the PHP code would be helpful.
Perhaps it will be possible to have a fully functioning forum that points to the current forum database with the new look?

Well i actually created a SMF theme, i rewrite the style stuff and some new theme file for most of the things, also modified PHP on a lots of the things. I would say, i have completed about 80% of the theme. i am testing it on a real Simple Mechine Forum (version 1.1.21) on my localhost, so far no problem found.

i highly doubt the previous dev had to modify any REAL FORUM FILE, unless ofc any mod is used (but so far, i don't think there is any extra mod is used on this forum :/)

can you PM me the ftp details?
also you might wanna create a sub directory in there like (http://test.getmusicbee.com/forum), and upload a SMF version 1.1.21, and a dummy database, i think when the test is complete we can safely just move the main page in the main domain and ONLY change the theme file of the current forum.

AvikB

I have uploaded the site to the test server, here is the link:

a new download page is added instead of the old one.
Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 08:03:45 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
my opinion is the fonts need to be a bit stronger or somehow more interesting - at least fior the Home/ Download/ ... links and the main MusicBee header. I cant see the forum mockup you did at the moment but i thought those fonts looked good.