Author Topic: Your top 3 requests  (Read 19897 times)

Steven

• Administrator
- When an album is not longer part of the current view (for example in a "played 0 times" playlist after playing all its tracks) it does not disappear from the album list until the view is reloaded
what is the filter criteria you are using for this auto-playlist? are you using "PlayCount > 0" and "select by Album" ?

boroda

I have only 1 wish for now ))

Could you, Steven, implement writing primary artwork for plugins?

EDIT:
Actually I have 1 more wish which I asked a long time ago: localizable standard playlist names. It should work like localizable .lngc filenames, but localization strings must be defined in currently used .lng/.lngc file, rather than internally for MB. Something like:

#Filename.Recently Played#   <Localized "Recently Played">
Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:02:49 PM by boroda74

Pingaware

Just went through all my wishlist topics of the year, and these are the three I've come up with (all links below):

- Moving from Inbox Respect Auto-Organise

- Use artwork dimensions as a usable field in filters (etc.)

- To be able to configure the "keep" requirements in the duplicates manager

Hope this helps Steven!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Adding musicbrainz identifiers natively instead of using custom tags

- Use artwork dimensions as a usable field in filters (etc.)

+1 to these

[Updated]
3. the ability to sort by Sort tags in Artwork view without displaying them, or full editing functionality (right click menu functions) in expanded artwork view.
you will need to explain both of these in more detail

Well... never mind.  You must have made some changes when I wasn't paying attention (or I was just confused - I had changed some settings that needed to be changed back).  My bad!  The only thing remaining would be to be able to paste artwork in Expanded artwork view.  I think that's why I quit using it, because I often need to paste artwork.
Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:11:01 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mr. Trev

I'd like to see a way to reference devices for the auto-playlist.
For example, I would create a playlist of songs that would have an identifier "is not on ipod" or whatever device is plugged in. That way I'm not trying to sync songs that are already on the device. Plus it would make it easier to ensure all my devices don't have the same music on them.

Happy holidays, and merry new year, Steven. Thanks for a great program.

no-midi

Only one from me as well.
I'd like to see some sort of automatic cleaning of the now playing playlist.
Display only the current (now) playing track, and the enqueued tracks.
Once a track has been played, it should automatically fall off the now playing playlist.

Happy holidays to everyone having them, cheers!

watdub

1. "Rescan/Add Files and Playlists"
When adding new music, you have to manually scroll through lots of folders to get to the specific folder you're looking for.  In Win7 file explorer, you can press 'M' to get to the 'M' folders etc.  It would be great to see that in MusicBee.

2.  Ratings sync with (Android) phone:
I'm playing catch-up with my music (30k+) and trying to organise then and give them some sort of rating etc.  At the moment, I'm stuck doing this at my desktop computer.  I've love if it were possible to 'send' some music files to my phone so that I could rate them, and then resync them when I got back to my main desktop computer.

At the moment, I'm sending music files from the library to the inbox, rating them, and sending them back.  Maybe have another 'inbox2' but the 'inbox2' would live on the phone?

3.  I'm an iTunes refugee.
3(a).  In iTunes, I set up playlists like Rock 5*, 4*, 3* etc.  MB won't let me use the asterix (*) as the last 'letter'/character when naming playlists.
3(b). I'm guessing lots of people use the 5/4/3/2/1* rating system for their playlists.  Maybe set-up an option that you can choose your criteria and then MB would automatically make a 5/4/3/2/1* playlist?

Thanks!

Wishing you a Happy Christmas :)

Steven

• Administrator
- When an album is not longer part of the current view (for example in a "played 0 times" playlist after playing all its tracks) it does not disappear from the album list until the view is reloaded
its working fine for me and i see no reason for it not to be already working. Can you post a screenshot of that auto-playlist so i can see all the settings used.
However it wont reset the list in the Now Playing list by design

thats done for the next v2.5 update. I will post you the new API call needed but not today

boroda

thats done for the next v2.5 update. I will post you the new API call needed but not today
Thanks a lot! I remembered my third wish: the ability to hide (unsupported) devices so MB wont interact with hidden devices at all. And the option to reset hidden status of all hidden devices.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Once a track has been played, it should automatically fall off the now playing playlist.
You can already do this.

Edit > Preferences > Now Playing

Enable the option to prune tracks as they are played.
Bee excellent to each other...

no-midi

You can already do this.

Edit > Preferences > Now Playing

Enable the option to prune tracks as they are played.

That's marvelous just what I meant.
I was unfamiliar with the worth prune!

Thus, many thanks!

Cheers all!

Steven

• Administrator
Here's a screenshot of the playlist settings: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104901/played0times.PNG
MB automatically removes the album tracks for me using those settings. I dont want to spend any more time on this so i will leave it unsolved for your cases

Steven

• Administrator
[Updated]
3. the ability to sort by Sort tags in Artwork view without displaying them, or full editing functionality (right click menu functions) in expanded artwork view.
you will need to explain both of these in more detail

Well... never mind.  You must have made some changes when I wasn't paying attention (or I was just confused - I had changed some settings that needed to be changed back).  My bad!  The only thing remaining would be to be able to paste artwork in Expanded artwork view.  I think that's why I quit using it, because I often need to paste artwork.
the only place i am aware Paste Artwork was not done was for Albums in the Albums sub-panel. Its done for the next v2.5 update.

Also changed is mousewheel on the Albums sub-panel now scrolls the Albums horizontally