Author Topic: Configure Duplicate Manager Keep Requirements  (Read 2281 times)

Pingaware

Edited slimmed down wish: It would be useful if the criteria the duplicate manager uses to determine the 'keep' file could be set. This would make the tool much more versatile I feel.

[Original Post] I've not had much call for using this tool before, but when I have, it's seemed perfectly acceptable. However, I've just acquired some  15,000 new files, a lot of which I already own. As a result, I've created a temporary library to check for duplicates over all the places I keep my files. Running the tool over 50000 files is a bit tedious!

There are three things I'd like. Hope they seem reasonable.

- To be able to configure the requirements for the 'keep' file. Every file which is on my C: drive is one that I want to keep, and it would be really handy if I could select which tag (in this case <Path>) to use for defining the keep file.

- To be able to delete the marked tracks. I marked all the duplicates just to get them out of my library, then deleted the false positives from the library. However, I then found that I couldn't easily delete the marked files, so have to check all those again. My own silly fault, as I could (and should) have saved to playlist, but I still think this would be a nice feature.

- To be able to sort the columns! The reason I didn't immediately delete my marked tracks was I wanted to make sure there were no 'good' tracks I'd accidentally marked. However, it was difficult to find this out as I'd already marked them and couldn't sort the marked files.

I realise wishes two and three could both have been worked round if I'd used the save to playlist feature, so I understand if you don't want to implement them. However, I really think the first request would be worth the time and effort required! Hope other people do too.

EDIT: Additionally, if anyone knows a way to re-hide the same duplicates as before, that would remove a lot of tres tedious work for me.
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:18:45 PM by Pingaware
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Pingaware

Bump for the new slimmed down wish at the top of the OP.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.