Author Topic: Artwork dimensions as a usable field  (Read 6551 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Why not put artwork dimensions in an automatic field, sort of like kind or playlist?  If there's no artwork, it would be blank. 

It would eliminate the need for the small artwork filter entirely (we could make our own, if we wanted one), and would simplify finding tracks that have no artwork.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

paq

How would it work if you have more than one artwork linked to a file? Should it only retrieve the values for the primary picture?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would think it would use the one marked as the main picture.  What does the small artwork filter now do?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Still really hoping for this.  I can use the small artwork filter to find artwork that is less than X size, but what do I do if I want to find artwork that's bigger than X size?  (Or, actually, with what I want to do now, that's not *exactly* X size.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

+1

With the increasing availability of high quality artwork, such a field would make the task of managing artwork a lot easier.

If not, then please provide a way to detect the presence of artwork with a track like <artwork?> field. Or, allow to use "<artwork><has no value>" rule for auto-playlists and filters for the same purpose.

Pingaware

+1
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.