Author Topic: Re-Locate missing files for whole albums / multi files  (Read 444 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
as mentioned in this solved feature wish:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19793.msg118526#msg118526

it would be great if the re-locate function would also work in an album context. Ideally with an additional user defined identifier (although track numbering/alphabetical order should be pretty reliable in a majority of cases...(?) ) in case it was re-located and renamed at the same time...).
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Hm, no one else wanting/needing to re-locate whole albums ?
File by file is quite time-consuming... and it's just a matter of fact that in our vast digital libraries things do change location/name/or both occasionally...
Or does anyone have a good trick for doing a relocate on multiple-files pointing to a new location to look in and do a match by parameter (i.e. alphabetical sorting, wild card from the original name, etc ) ?
Cheers.
c.

rudolph

I found a fix... - Use listFix() software to fix .m3u missing song links.

alec.tron

Thanks for the headsup.
But urgh for Java Runtime requirement... might try it on an old laptop.
Did it work well in your case ?
Churs.
c.

Steven

• Administrator
just bumping this as i plan to have a look at something that helps with locating multiple missing files

alec.tron

Thanks Steven!

Could you please consider making the 'relocate file' functionality accessible actively as well through the GUI/hotkey/right-click-menu so one can swap files in a single playlists and/or all playlists globally (without having to delete the one I want to replace first to get to the 'replace file' dialogue).
That'd be swish.
i.e. this:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20189.msg120134#msg120134

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:36:54 PM by alec.tron