Author Topic: When using "locate" on missing file, open the parent folder  (Read 1881 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Right now when using "Locate..." on a missing file, it opens the official Library folder, regardless of where the file actually was.  How about opening the parent folder of the missing file, instead?  I mean, if the whole folder it was in is missing then back up to the nearest existing folder.

[Edit] Curious, now I've seen some behave that way.  So I guess the question is why others don't.  They may have all been in the inbox, come to think of it.
Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:35:10 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

+1
Also, a general 'remember location' with file dialogs would be neat. i.e. I don't have MB w me right now, but, there were a few file-save/-open dialogues, that didn't remember the location used previously.. which is usually a better start than the MB location (for me at least).
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Also, is there a way to relocate all files of an album easily ? usually the first 2 digits of a filename (track numbers) does not change... but location, and even file names do regularly for me.. so I'm just wondering if there's a way to relocate all files of an album in an easier  way - which this thread/request ties into ?
Cheers.
c.

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)