Author Topic: Playlists - missing file re'locate' function - please expose in GUI  (Read 1304 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
looks like the Playlist Manager view based 'locate' (on a missing file) functionality is only living in this singular context (?) - i.e. the user only gets access to the 'Locate' functionality, IF Musicbee comes across a missing track inside a playlist:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20185.msg120134

Could we please have the 'locate' function added somewhere to the GUI (plus ideally as a map-able hotkey) so one could change/replace a given file across multiple playlists by hand as well (without the need to delete a given file first to get access to the functionality) ?
That would be great.
Churs.
c.

ps. meh, this was meant to go into the wishlist area of the forum...
Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:13:51 AM by alec.tron

alec.tron

Bump.

I just went looking for this again... tried [on fileA, in PlaylistX] 'Send to' -> Folder (Replace) -> Replace The Selected File
in hope it might be doing the above....
No luck, turns out the 'Replace The Selected File' functionality there is 'copy fileB to location of fileA, copy the previous filesA's filename plus metadata to fileB, delete fileA AND removing the fileB from its' previous location...'.

Bit too destructive a convenience function for my liking and I still wish I could disable all data move/overwrite functions globally. So I thought I'd leave this here as a warning for others looking for similar things. As if you try the above in hope it might allow you to replace a playlist file with another.... this instead will require you to get back to backups & restore files from there as fileB is altered & the edit is unreversible.

c.
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:42:12 AM by alec.tron