Author Topic: Optimize the startup time  (Read 4907 times)

amdenis

dont know if it fits the "wishlist" format, but it would be great to have the startup time a little bit shorter.

Just compared:

* The giant WMP starts for about 1,5-2 sec till the full-functional state.
* MusicBee, with almost all skins and translation deleted, starts about 5-7+ seconds.
* With all skins/translations enabled the time rises up to 8-10 seconds

+ it seems that windows "superfetch" feature does not make things better.

Any advice as to how to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case:
AMD K125 1.7 GHz, 2Gb Ram (DDR2 PC10600), Hitachi 500Gb 7200rpm (32Mb cache)

SimonBRT

Are you using the latest beta?  I know there have been improvements since ver 1.4 was released so just checking you're not using that.  For me with many of the plugins installed its only 3-4 seconds for startup.

desplantes

Even if MusicBee would take one minute to open I won't use WMP with all its back doors and the poor features it proposes.

VIVA MUSICBEE

amdenis

Are you using the latest beta?  I know there have been improvements since ver 1.4 was released so just checking you're not using that.  For me with many of the plugins installed its only 3-4 seconds for startup.

yep, the latest. strange, but 1.4 startup was faster. not too much, but faster.
ofc its not much of a problem, just want to put my 5 cents to what can we improve here. judging by the rest of the posts it's clear that the functionality will only be added and added and added =) just want to be sure we dont forget about the performance with all those feature-requests

surely, i dont want no holywars, wmp was here just to show that clearly heavier player starts up faster.

desplantes

surely, i dont want no holywars, wmp was here just to show that clearly heavier player starts up faster.
No problem !!
I also use http://www.tomahawk-player.org/ and with my old configuration it takes about 10 minutes to open !!

Cheers.

silasje1

Your CPU is not very fast.. it is just as slow as an Intel Pentium 4 with 3.3 ghz... so no wonder it is slow :P
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

desplantes

Your CPU is not very fast.. it is just as slow as an Intel Pentium 4 with 3.3 ghz... so no wonder it is slow :P
That's more or less it : Intel Pentium 4HT with 3 ghz  :P  :P