Author Topic: WMP12 Skin  (Read 69648 times)

silasje1

New to Musicbee? Coming from Windows Media Player 12 ? This would make you switch instantly!!

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/?1eeudz3wy3mfr9n

Source:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ncgbwxglx6e6107

Changelist:

13 february 2014:
-Mostly smalle gui fixes and source cleanup

31 january 2013:
-Added new spectrum

16 juni 2013:
-Fixed the shuffle button highlight problem
-Tweaked the allignment in player bar
-Renamed source folder and skin

How to install:
Copy/Unzip the  WMP12v6.xmlc file into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Skins
Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:51:14 PM by silasje1
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Blinghound

I love the progress bar! I think its good you put the buttons on the side as opposed to the centre as in WMP, I think the playing track details deserve to be displayed in the middle. Keep it up!

SimonBRT

SimonBRT

just downloaded the beta version.  looking very promising.  the progress bar and player controls are great.  plenty of work still to go - keep it up!

Steven

• Administrator
for the type of layout you are using where you have the progress bar occupying the entire width, you can achieve better vertical centering of fonts using a new element called: PanelMinusProgressBar
Code
<top relativeTo="PanelMinusProgressBar.VerticalCenter" offset="2" />

(it doesnt do horizontal centering for the track info panel before you ask!)

also if you are using the original dusk skin as the basis for this, its better to not have extra blank pixels above the progress bar otherwise that distorts the spacing calculations

you need to use an updated skincreator.exe which is in this zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tou6xfccdfhi4u3

SimonBRT

this is progressing well.  don't want to comment much until it becomes more complete.  anything i mention now you are probably planning on fixing anyway!

SimonBRT

Hey Silas, looking really great!  I have a few thoughts...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1. The grey in the column headers bar looks a little out of place.  Is it possible to make it some shade of blue but still stand out sufficiently?
2.  I think there needs to be a little more contrast on the command buttons to highlight them a little more.
3. (not shown) In artwork view the pale blue highlight around the selected picture is barely noticeable.
4. The last.fm button looks great but i'm not sure if its stands out too much with the red or black background.  It doesn't quite match the feel of the other buttons next to it...
5.  The menu's are all still grey, perhaps they should have blue backgrounds to match the skin?
6.  The new tab and forward/back navigation buttons are maybe a little dark.
7.  Are you planning on allowing skin windowless borders?  What you have done currently in that it maximises space and still allows aerosnap is great but visually i'm just not too keen on it.  Personally I have MB always maximised or minimised so love windowless borders.

Hope none of this seems like criticism, its not!  The skin is already looking fantastic, i'm just nitpicking...

silasje1

Hey Silas, looking really great!  I have a few thoughts...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1. The grey in the column headers bar looks a little out of place.  Is it possible to make it some shade of blue but still stand out sufficiently?
2.  I think there needs to be a little more contrast on the command buttons to highlight them a little more.
3. (not shown) In artwork view the pale blue highlight around the selected picture is barely noticeable.
4. The last.fm button looks great but i'm not sure if its stands out too much with the red or black background.  It doesn't quite match the feel of the other buttons next to it...
5.  The menu's are all still grey, perhaps they should have blue backgrounds to match the skin?
6.  The new tab and forward/back navigation buttons are maybe a little dark.
7.  Are you planning on allowing skin windowless borders?  What you have done currently in that it maximises space and still allows aerosnap is great but visually i'm just not too keen on it.  Personally I have MB always maximised or minimised so love windowless borders.

Hope none of this seems like criticism, its not!  The skin is already looking fantastic, i'm just nitpicking...
1. Yes this can be tweaked :)
2. Uhm isnt it already visible enough? But will make it a bit more darker anyways
3. I have to look into it never use th album view.
4. I think i will leave the LAST.FM buttons... maybe i will make them aprox 1/2 pixels smaller to see if it looks slim
5. They will be fixed sorta. The menu color you see here will be blue but the menu after hovering over it will be grey since it is in wmp 12 too
6.Yep, they can be easily be tweaked... just need to trail and error.
7. I dont know what you mean whit this... you got a sample screenhot?
Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:24:38 AM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Blinghound

This is really coming on brilliantly! Well done  ;)

As SimonBRT said, I think the grey column headers should be a shade of blue. Also, would the grey headers on the left navigation panel look better if they blended into the panel colour? The only other slight annoyance I also encountered when making my bitmap based skin was the fact that I could never get the shuffle and repeat buttons to line up properly vertically - or is it just my eyes?  ;D I'm now using this as my primary skin atm, cheers!

silasje1

This is really coming on brilliantly! Well done  ;)

As SimonBRT said, I think the grey column headers should be a shade of blue. Also, would the grey headers on the left navigation panel look better if they blended into the panel colour? The only other slight annoyance I also encountered when making my bitmap based skin was the fact that I could never get the shuffle and repeat buttons to line up properly vertically - or is it just my eyes?  ;D I'm now using this as my primary skin atm, cheers!

I will fix somethings next wednesday i think.... the vertical allignment is a bit diffrent because you have diffrent images and thus a diffrent look.
So color fixes are on they way soon.

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

Have added no artwork images and a custom splash screen. FEEDBACK WANTED GUYS :) did a nice update so please gove something back  :-*

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Steven

• Administrator
first off i think what you have done is great but for my tastes the use of blue is now too much.
But colour preferences are a very personal thing and if you feel it is right then stick with it! Having a look WMP just now they make use of black. I dont know if that would work or not with your skin, but maybe worth trying out

silasje1

first off i think what you have done is great but for my tastes the use of blue is now too much.
But colour preferences are a very personal thing and if you feel it is right then stick with it! Having a look WMP just now they make use of black. I dont know if that would work or not with your skin, but maybe worth trying out
I will need to tweak the library blue to something lighter blue. Wmp12 uses blue as primary color. Wmp11 uses black. Already planned on doeing a black version too

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

SimonBRT

havent had time in to look at the latest version yet but i will post something when i can... 

Steven

• Administrator
I will need to tweak the library blue to something lighter blue. Wmp12 uses blue as primary color. Wmp11 uses black. Already planned on doeing a black version too
just to be clear, i am just suggesting to try making the column headers black not the whole skin