Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496943 times)

Maleko12

SimonBRT

progress looking great!  i have a nexus 7 so looking forward to testing the tablet mode. 

i think for the nexus 7 a portrait mode would be quite useful as i actually primarily use the device in portrait.  that said, the landscape mode looks likes its coming along great and i don't think having both is essential, more of a luxury.

fumador

Brilliant!

Got two requests to make it 'perfect':
*A way to disable screen lock on android device while music is playing.
*'Tablet version' with a layout similar to 'compact mode' MB has? (pictures, album info, tracklist at a glance)
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:46:55 PM by fumador

silasje1

I have a Sony Xperia tablet S and would like to help for testing if needed. I think i will use the app both landscape and portrait.
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

wisdomtooth

kelsos

Hello wisdomtooth,

Unfortunately and iOS port is not in my plans, due to both lack of time and also funds for the iOS developer program which costs about $100 per year.

However my plans are to release both the plugin and the application with an open source license (not sure which one) on GitHub at some point probably around September or October (maybe earlier).  Along with this I will try to provide some documentation on the protocol to enable people to use the plugin with other applications on other platforms.

One thing to keep in mind for anyone interested in using the plugin with another remote application, is that the new version of the plugin/remote will use JSON instead of XML.

A small status update, is that the search and queue functionality is almost done though I got some issues with the implementation that I have to fix in the near future. I have to get a few things done and I will probably get out a beta version, maybe I will upload it to Google Play, since it has a really helpful system of issue reporting.

SimonBRT

thanks for the update kelso, really looking forward to trying the new version out...

weejake

is it possible to extend the development to a windows 8 phone please?

i dont mind paying for it

Iasc

kelsos

A windows phone 8 version of the remote is not in the plans. At this point, another version for another platform would be highly unlikely, due to lack of time.

losingmyedge

Really looking forward to the latest update! Search will be fantastically useful for controlling playback when you're not at your computer. Keep up the good work

kelsos

Here are some preview screenshots of the development version:

I am on the progress of adding a minor control bar on the search/now playing & lyrics views on the mobile as shown on the last screenshot.

silasje1

Great job mate! looking forward to update ;-)

Is there a way to make a sort of party mode where people can vote for a song and they get placded on a playlist? just dumping my ideas ;)
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

theASDF

However my plans are to release both the plugin and the application with an open source license (not sure which one) on GitHub at some point probably around September or October (maybe earlier).  Along with this I will try to provide some documentation on the protocol to enable people to use the plugin with other applications on other platforms.

happy to hear about this, i would love a documentation for the plugin protocol so i could use it for my own little program. its a shame that the release will be in so far off, but i can understand it (although i would be fine with a non polished dumb of what kelsos is working with atm ;))
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:16:10 AM by theASDF