Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496929 times)

dr_serious

I found out it works with an IP it doesnt work with the computer name, it would be awesome if you could fix this!

kelsos

Unfortunately, I cannot fix that. You see for the application to work with the computer's name it requires some DNS server running on your local network that can map the computer's name to the computer's IP address. If you have a router that supports dns functionality it should actually work. For example my dd-wrt based router has https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnsmasq, so while in my home network I am able to connect just using the computer's name. However this functionality is completely dependent on the network infrastructure. 

At some point I will do more research though on how to make the plugin discoverable through the network and implement an autoconfiguration functionality for the client..

SimonBRT

Hello Simon the 0.2.3.1 version is not optimized for tablets, thus the empty space, on the development version I started to work on proper tablet support, however the development is lagging due to lack of free time lately.
No problem.  Its incredibly useful as it is.  Thanks!  I'll just look forward to the new version as and when you next work on it...

indicatie

Just using the remote since today. I really like it. There's one option that would make it super-awesome: the posibility of the app of preventing your phone from going into stand-by mode. My phone is lying next to me on my desk on a charger, so it would be quite handy to have the romte always ready.

Thanks for the great program!

silasje1

I installed this on my Sony Xperia Tablet S and the app seems not very optimized for tablet interfaces. For my Sony Xperia T it looks great.
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

kelsos

Just using the remote since today. I really like it. There's one option that would make it super-awesome: the posibility of the app of preventing your phone from going into stand-by mode. My phone is lying next to me on my desk on a charger, so it would be quite handy to have the romte always ready.

Thanks for the great program!

I guess it should not be that hard to implement as an option, it will go to the TODO list.

I installed this on my Sony Xperia Tablet S and the app seems not very optimized for tablet interfaces. For my Sony Xperia T it looks great.

Silas yes the version out was mostly for phones, I did some tests with the emulator at some point because I don't own a tablet and there was lot's of empty space. However I started doing some work to make the tablet version use that empty space. 

silasje1

You could mail me some diffrent latouts for tablets if you like. I would be pleased to try them
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

intripletime

Just thought I'd pop in to say thank you, this works brilliantly. Very easy to set up and very easy to use.

jamburglar

For what it's worth, I managed to get a remote control going on the iPhone by first setting up global hotkeys in MusicBee and then installing Mobile Mouse (formerly known as AirMouse, I believe) on my computer and my phone.

patd315

Any idea as to when the functionality to modify ratings and load/switch playlists will be ready? Application works great for what it is, however I am trying to rate around 90000 tracks and seating at my computer for long spells is killing me. Will be really nice to be able to kick back in my media chair in order to listen and rate.

Thanks

kelsos

Unfortunately I can't estimate the time needed to complete the features. Due to lack of time, my progress has been relatively slow.

andrea.ippo

Hi, I'm about to try this plugin. In the meantime I just wanted to inform that the mediafire link is broken (both in the first post and on your website).

:)

kelsos

Thank you for informing me, It seems that mediafire is enforcing some new anti-piracy measures or something. and thinks that my 7zip archive is either corrupted or multi-part or encypted/password protected and it blocks it.

Antkh

Just tried it and need to say - GREAT PLUGIN!! Keep on developing it!! :)

kelsos

Sorry for the luck of updates here are a few screenshots of the ui work for tablets. There is progress but it is slow.
If any of the people with a nexus 7, or any other tablet are reading this, I would like to know if you are also interested in a portrait layout for the remote. I currently work only the landscape.

On the library support, It is done on the plugin side and I will start working on the application implementation in the next days.