Author Topic: A-Z jumplist options.  (Read 6287 times)

richardap1

Two requests for the A-Z Jumplist

1) Would it be possible to integrate it into the main header between the "Grouped By" and the Image size selector. This would help save vertical space when enabled.

2) Currently when you select a letter the results always seem to be at the bottom of the main panel, so you have to scroll down past the previous letter in order to get to it. Would it be possible to have the result letter appear in the top row (art work view) so the screen is filled with the requested letter.

Thanks

silasje1

Steven

• Administrator
2) Currently when you select a letter the results always seem to be at the bottom of the main panel, so you have to scroll down past the previous letter in order to get to it. Would it be possible to have the result letter appear in the top row (art work view) so the screen is filled with the requested letter.
i made a change a while ago so the track it goes to (should) show at the top of the panel. Could you post a screenshot of what is happening

richardap1

1) for this I have just realised that the my idea will only work in artwork view (it's the only view i ever use) so Silasje1's idea might be better as long as tabs don't get affected

2)

This is the result of pressing J

After the previous image the only thing i did was press T

Steven

• Administrator
i've now also implemented the scrolling for the artwork layout

phred

• Global Moderator
i've now also implemented the scrolling for the artwork layout
Thanks.
This has been bothering me for quite some time but I never thought to mention it.
Thanks also to richardap1 for bringing it up.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
Works as expected.
Thanks to both of you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alexis

Thanks for the change also.

is it not possible to have the album with the first  letter, such as T above be the absolute first entry on the row?  Or would that mess with the sorting (in which case never mind :)  ).

The way it is working now with the fix... it seems as though it would show the row starting with 'swell season' (last row of bottom image above)
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
is it not possible to have the album with the first  letter, such as T above be the absolute first entry on the row?  Or would that mess with the sorting (in which case never mind :)  ).
if that was done and you scrolled up then at the top the first picture would not be in the first column

Sigma

the version i posted yesterday has the change for this:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
I download this version and it does sort out the A-Z issue, but when I try and do anything that involves the browser I get this error: -

MusicBee v2.0.4533.33836 (Win6.1), 31 May 2012 16:07:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Gecko.nsIComponentManager'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{1D940426-5FE5-42C3-84AE-A300F2D9EBD5}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
   at System.StubHelpers.InterfaceMarshaler.ConvertToManaged(IntPtr pUnk, IntPtr itfMT, IntPtr classMT, Int32 flags)
   at Gecko.Xpcom.NS_GetComponentManager(nsIComponentManager& componentManager)
   at Gecko.Xpcom.Initialize(String binDirectory)
   at Gecko.GeckoWebBrowser.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Gecko.GeckoWebBrowser.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Is that just a consequence of using an unfinished beta version?

Thanks!

silasje1

Sigma it seems like you havent properl upgraded to 2.0
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Sigma

How do I upgrade? I downloaded version 1.4 and installed that, then I downloaded the zip file that Steven posted above and unzipped that to the installation directory, overwriting the files that were already there. Is that not the way to do it?

EDIT - Never mind. All fixed. I didn't notice the V2 installer in the beta thread earlier, so I installed that and then upgraded using the zip from this thread and everything is working.
Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:52:47 PM by Sigma

silasje1