Author Topic: Some changes for top bars  (Read 15398 times)

lnminente

1)Navigation bar
 I feel a bit confusing the change of position of the back button depending on the Left pannel being enabled or disabled. I propose setting the navigation bar static for an faster finding of back button when navigating by the different views:

On image the first capture is the actual behaviour, the second is the proposed one

2) Tabs on top
The menu could be converted to a button and the tabs could be in that bar, having more vertical space for seeing the list of tracks. The new tab button could be after the last tab.

It's all inspired in Firefox and the tending of GUI in browsers:

ma_t14

This was discussed in depth here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=4625.0

Unfortunately the idea has not gone through  ::)

+1
Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:34:45 PM by ma_t14

lnminente

mmh i didn't see that thread before sorry. I have read it, it has many broken images but more or less i got it. The problem is integrating it with playing controls on top. When i'm back to my computer i will try to get a solution for integrating it.

Worth to mention a behaviour of firefox, i have the tabs on top without the window title and i can drag the window and resize it to half screen left, right and maximizing it using aero of windows 7. I have enabled the window title in MB to be able to do that.
Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:26:44 PM by lnminente

lnminente

I played changing some things for when displaying playing controls at top pane and this is the one i found less cluttered and following more the trending. I suggest "Skin window borders" for having the menu always at top left. This is the comparison between the actual layout and the proposed

HHM

lnminente, this is a bit offtop, but I woukld suggest you picking "skin window borders" in skin options to get rid off that upper Windows belt. this would give you a bit more of the webbrowser expernience.

lnminente

Thanks HHM, I would like having it enabled, but just disabled it some time ago to be able to resize MB to the half screen using Aero Snap. Many times i connect the laptop to a TV at 1080p and aero snap becomes very helpful to put MB at half screen right

Maleko12

lnminente

This is a bit old now but...Up!  ;D

BTW i have noticed the "player control" misses some pixels in height when is docked at top

silasje1

Cant agree with TS number 1... It takes more space in height and works good enough in the place where it is now :)
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

mikebo

I was thinking of the same thing as Inminente and Blinghound (his mockup) but didn't want to post anything because i think that it will be a lot of work to implement these features so that they feel like integral part of the ui and not a gimmick. But since Steven expressed some interest in this i thought i'll also post a mockup. It almost exactly like the other ones with few extra bits.

Tabs are in the caption , but only above the main panel.

Menu Button over the navigation panel. When the left panel is hidden the menu button shrinks to just the icon:

The address bar is more like the one in explorer. Most notable feature - breadcrumbs. Mind blown :). Well maybe not but it would be a nice feature to have.

cartman005

What would happen when the track info is displayed on the top?

Blinghound

I love this! The MusicBee button is a lot better than the one I could draw, and so are the translucent tabs! Let's hope the breadcrumbs feature gets implemented.

lnminente

Really nice Mikebo :o
The inactive tabs shown as traslucent are really nice, and if i'm not wrong i think we could use MB as a standard window and that would avoid some problems with windows management.

What would happen when the track info is displayed on the top?
I think it could fit well down the navigation bar