Author Topic: From Dusk Till Dawn  (Read 115738 times)

mikebo

I noticed that the album rating is a strong blue colour when unrated, and white when rated. Can it be changed to the background colour as is in the album & track view? Thanks a lot, I really enjoy this skin. :)
I made the unrated stars a little darker than background, see if you like it.

Alexis

Thanks for the work.  What is the idea behind the beta options?
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

mikebo

MusicBee 2 beta has some new alignment options and the beta skin takes advantage of that. There shouldn't be much difference though.

Alexis

OK, Thank you for the clarification.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

lnminente

The window borders skinned make this skin still better! :o

BTW: I had to change TabsBar.TabCloseButton.Highlight from bg="200,200,200" to bg="132,132,132" to see the highlighted button with the same colour background than the one of the new tab and refresh buttons. But maybe that's a thing of the windows theme because i didn't found 132,132,132 in the xml file.

EDIT: Very nice the ticked options of preferences in green
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:50:03 PM by lnminente

mikebo

Pedrozo

Its a best skin at the moment, but is it a possibility to make progress bar to looks like this?

andrea.ippo

It's a little OT, but just out of curiosity:
the screenshots show a very nice font smoothing. Do you have a non default font renderer such as gdipp or just have tweaked the cleartype settings?
They're so Mac-ish, I like them! (the skins too of course, I'm using Dawn right now)

mikebo

[...] is it a possibility to make progress bar to looks like this? [...]
Shure, but I don't have time to do it, at least not right now. Maybe you could do it yourself and share with us?

the screenshots show a very nice font smoothing. Do you have a non default font renderer such as gdipp or just have tweaked the cleartype settings?
They're so Mac-ish, I like them! (the skins too of course, I'm using Dawn right now)
Yes it's gdipp. imo it makes the fonts look more natural than cleartype, yet not as blurry as on mac. It worries me that the project hasn't seen any updates since January and rendering in few apps is broken.

Pedrozo

Maybe you could do it yourself and share with us?
Yes I could, but how?  :D
I download skin creator, but propably I need xlm file, or I'm wrong.

silasje1

Maybe you could do it yourself and share with us?
Yes I could, but how?  :D
I download skin creator, but propably I need xlm file, or I'm wrong.
You need to download the sources.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8hddqqez7tsao9/SmiCf9W9p4/source.zip
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Steven

• Administrator
also you will need the latest version of the skincreator.exe as i think this skin takes advantage of a new feature
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tou6xfccdfhi4u3

andrea.ippo

[...] is it a possibility to make progress bar to looks like this? [...]
Shure, but I don't have time to do it, at least not right now. Maybe you could do it yourself and share with us?

Yes it's gdipp. imo it makes the fonts look more natural than cleartype, yet not as blurry as on mac. It worries me that the project hasn't seen any updates since January and rendering in few apps is broken.

Thanks. Unfortunately I also experienced broken rendering in a DB querying tool, and I can't allow it since it alters the data in the resultsets I use for work, so I had to uninstall it (I was hoping you were using another renderer that I could try).

As for the skins, the only usability issue I've found so far is that it's very difficult to use the seek bar if you have the controls at the bottom and use the Windows auto-hide taskbar feature.
In such case, whenever you approach the seek bar with the mouse, the taskbar pops up.

Apart from positioning the controls toolbar on top in MB, is there a way to move the seek bar over the control buttons keeping the entire toolbar at the bottom? I don't know if the skins XML allows this kind of customization.

Thanks

mikebo

Thanks. Unfortunately I also experienced broken rendering in a DB querying tool, and I can't allow it since it alters the data in the resultsets I use for work, so I had to uninstall it (I was hoping you were using another renderer that I could try).

As for the skins, the only usability issue I've found so far is that it's very difficult to use the seek bar if you have the controls at the bottom and use the Windows auto-hide taskbar feature.
In such case, whenever you approach the seek bar with the mouse, the taskbar pops up.

Apart from positioning the controls toolbar on top in MB, is there a way to move the seek bar over the control buttons keeping the entire toolbar at the bottom? I don't know if the skins XML allows this kind of customization.

Thanks
You can blacklist the app in gdipp's config file, it will be rendered with cleartype instead.

As for the seek bar, yes it's possible to do, but I don't have the time to do it, so I'm counting on Pedrozo :)

Pedrozo

Now is ok. If someone want progress bar on top, here is the xmlc (making on Dawn skin):

Dawn (progressbar top).xmlc
http://www.box.com/s/40125a03d1d3723cf594
Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:59:33 PM by Pedrozo