Author Topic: Install Musicbee on Ubuntu (TUT)  (Read 61084 times)

silasje1

According to the WineHQ Database NET.2.0 version is the most promising one. So it's worth trying this one rather than NET.4.

Someone managed to install Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 with ease right after installing NET.2.0 on Wine 1.3.30. I guess it works better than XMLLITE.DLL introduced in Step 8 to fix the layout issues.

Can you try with Wine 1.3. (21 and 36), NET.2.0 and Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0  ???

I will try to install MCXMLS 6 ;) please be patient for feedback
 Also trying other msxml versions ;)
Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:35:10 PM by silasje1
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

VX

silasje1

Didn't change anything.

I'm afraid I can't be more helpful with this. Sorry  :(
it is ok ;) Thanks for showing intrest :D  Only need to fix some layout things and make a special ubuntu skin

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

VX

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25157

added the appdb thing

Thanks  :) I'd rather use a Linux player in Linux. There are a few quite good ones, the choice depends on the individual preferences. It was worth to try with MusicBee, though.

silasje1

WineHQ is now on to version 1.4... will test newest version and try NET 4.0 install too :)
Edit: forgot to do it. Will try within a month
Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:54:05 PM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

Version 1.5.5 supports NET 4.0 :D

http://tweakers.net/meuktracker/28476/wine-155.html

so now we can test if it works :)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

Net 4.0 support is the most useless function on wine 1.5.5.. doenst work :P Musicbee doesnt want to startup

net 4.0 is installable with silent install through terminal..  still needs installing some Visual Basic dll's
Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:34:43 PM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

Just dumping an error i get when net 4.0 and several other needed librarys are installed:

6/11/2012 9:10:15 PM - 5.1.2600.196608 - 2.0.4467.14091 - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The number of bytes cannot exceed the virtual address space on a 32 bit machine.
Parameter name: numBytes
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeBuffer.Initialize(UInt64 numBytes)
   at System.Security.Principal.Win32.InitializeReferencedDomainsPointer(SafeLsaMemoryHandle referencedDomains)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.TranslateToNTAccounts(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Boolean& someFailed)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType)
   at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetName()
   at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at #=qwAq7creHybUR6G_oDFEyDheSTDGWNrzJ_YwkYjOWIIM=.#=qOM9mrEaHPxdLEmuLEeAqiQ==(String[] #=qs$Qdrd$445DkujZr7e5J$A==)

1.4 doesnt work on 1.5.5 anymore either. We need 2.0 to get working :)
Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:39:18 PM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

megalithic

Hello, I've just switched one of our PCs to OpenSUSE 12.1 and am a keen MusicBee user so I thought I'd give the latest version (1.4) a go with Wine. It works - well just about! (This is on Wine 1.4 installed from the standard SUSE repositories)

I installed
winetricks dotnet20

and then ran
wine setup.exe on the MusicBee installer

As has been said, the preferences don't work properly but the default settings seem to play fine.
The Music Library doesn't seem to want to work but I'm used to browsing and playing from the 'Computer' file folders which work fine,

I also installed .net 2.0

winetricks dotnet35

and that also worked but didn't improve the compatibility situation. Strangely the Now Playing dialogue doesn't work in the Default R.H. side bar but if you move it to the central panel then it's usable although the little 'currently playing' arrow doesn't show.

Blogs and MP3 files seem to work OK. Radio Stations doesn't seem to work.
The Artist photos work (excellent feature) as well as the Wikipedia and other Tab options in Track and Artist!

Anyway it's working well enough to keep me happy - as far as I'm concerned it works better than Amarok which doesn't have a 'refresh' button to rescan the file system when you rename a folder or suchlike. Thanks Steve and all for a great app.

megalithic

...OK just when it was going so well...

If you move the 'Track and Artist' to the bottom pane so you can see the artist photos and so on I find that when I close and restart MusicBee I then get a blank grey page - oh dear - I've broken it :)

However with some further fiddling I found that if I do View - Save settings and save my settings with the standard layout before moving 'Track and Artist' to the bottom pane , I can reload the standard layout, and everything works again... A bit of an annoying workaround but doable.

beeing good

Well, just managed to get musicbee working in UbuntuStudio FINALLY. It seems to be working ok so far, the only problem I've notice is that the artwork layout is kind of screwed up, the pictures are showing in black and white with vertical lines going through them. It could be because I'm playing the library from the files on my windows installation I guess. I haven't really set it all up properly but things are looking promising.

Has anyone else seen this artwork problem?

LinDux

Hello Gang! Any update on this subject.

Wondering whether we could use MB on Debian Buster...

Kind regards!

WinDux