Author Topic: So how big is your music library?  (Read 116495 times)

aliakio

425,000 files with over 6TB of space (if MB counts them correctly!) Actually been doin a re-scan at the moment because i have 4 TB drives but MB says 6TBs.

stollentroll

~350.000 files, ~27.500 CDs, ~2.2 TB
MB still works like a charm.
best player around .. by far!
used mediamonkey before .. was ok until they came out with V4. now it dropped dead.

@Steven: fantastic job you are doing with MB!     Thanks a million!!!!!!!

silasje1

426 files, 7,8 GB still going better. Average file size 18mb. Only Dubstep..... have AIFF, FLAC, MP3 (320)
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
373 Albums
~57GB
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
it still surprises me how big some people's music collection is!

for me, its 3203 files, 6.28GB

silasje1

it still surprises me how big some people's music collection is!

for me, its 3203 files, 6.28GB
haha me too :) interested in other folks quality? i had 128 kbps a year ago.. maybe 2000 files?

Deleted all of it and started building again. Only have very high quality mp3 aiff and flac files (some wav too)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
V0 for me usually. Occasionally if only an iTunes release is available then it'll be 256Kbps or there abouts. Sometimes only 320Kbps is about of a certain release in which case I just get that. But yeah basically whatever I can get if I can't get V0. If I rip my own CDs it'll always be V0 for my library converted from FLAC that is kept for archival reasons.
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

JellyBelly

My library does have 51.148 tracks with a total of 14583,3 GB and a duration of 158 days, 7 hours, 9 minutes.
Everyting is in the FLAC format. There are some 24 bit-96 kHz files albums.

MusicBee does have, despite the big library, a very good performance. It does cost about 5 seconds to start up MusicBee and to show the library.
Many artwork has a size of 800x800 or 1000x1000 pixels or even higher but MusicBee doesn't have problems with it.

ShakeMartini

37,928 tracks
111d 0:19
232.84 GB
Top Release Year: 2007 - 3,054

Seriously...love the library statistics! Love MB! Performance is very good for my library. I like the features and visibility into the library, and the constant updates are cool.

I would agree with an earlier comment about bulk tagging being a little slow, but overall the product is great. There is a lot of stuff in here I haven't even looked at yet. Love the features for updating song lyrics

I was a long-time MusicMatch an.d then MediaMonkey user. I think MediaMonkey screwed some things up with version 4. They may get their act together, but I like the vibe on the MB site.

Oh, also... my library is on NAS and MB seems to have a time monitoring the folders for changes. I have to rescan the library, or restart to pick up changes. Not a huge deal, but it takes several minutes to scan the entire library. I've tried limiting the scan to only look at a single folder that I know has changes, but it doesn't seem to affect the time. Maybe something there?

snazzyjas

Music Library = 175GB

used to use itunes to organize and winamp to DJ from , and I really like MB so far for doing both in one!  =)

Is there a future in having MB on a Mac? 

Always been a PC, but the dark side of macair is lookin sexy... but MB not being on a Mac is a big deciding factor right now (if this topic is elsewhere please let me know, thank you!

Steven

• Administrator
its been discussed quite a few times around linux and the answer is no plans to do that. Of course with Macs you can run windows software quite easily i believe if you install some virtualisation software

Zak

• Global Moderator
Speaking of large files...

Mr Silas Arentsen (Silasje1), could you please consider using a smaller signature image?

Your cute puddy tat appears to come in at a shade under 10MB, which won't be doing the forum host's bandwidth any favours.  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...

Noob

About 71000 tracks and counting. Mostly German rap.

silasje1

Speaking of large files...

Mr Silas Arentsen (Silasje1), could you please consider using a smaller signature image?

Your cute puddy tat appears to come in at a shade under 10MB, which won't be doing the forum host's bandwidth any favours.  :-\

First thing:
Yep can make it smaller ;)

Second:
it is hosted at dropbox or photobucket, not here ;)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

silasje1

its been discussed quite a few times around linux and the answer is no plans to do that. Of course with Macs you can run windows software quite easily i believe if you install some virtualisation software

If musicbee was made in Pyhton language it can be ported to all platforms (linux, linux based OS, mac etc. )

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin