Author Topic: Musicbee skin SteelAndBee  (Read 46242 times)

sierena

I've been using the dark skin for a really long time, but this works perfectly for me. Thank you very much.

Analien

This is a really nice skin. Thanks for making this.

But i would like to have the stars in the ratings in the same color as the yellow progressbar, would this be possible?

silasje1

Dear developer i need somebody to create an ubuntu skin for me. The fact your skin works the best so far(still need things from others though) i want to ask if you could help me. Thanks in advance
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Analien

This is a really nice skin. Thanks for making this.

But i would like to have the stars in the ratings in the same color as the yellow progressbar, would this be possible?

... or if someone could tell me how to change this myself.

cartman005

... or if someone could tell me how to change this myself.
It isn't possible to easily modify a bitmap skin because you don't have the image elements. And I'm not sure if you could make a dependent skin off of it.
Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:20:56 PM by cartman005

silasje1

Hey man, its a bit different than just doubleclicking like the .xml files, but I'll try to explain

First - Download the skin creator - http://www.mediafire.com/?8dzfhj7v4ri048g (This version includes the version of Honeycomb Light on my thread as an example)

In the folder you will find the following as shown in the picture below.

The Base xml skin file is the skin on which the custom bitmap controls are placed - this can be your own xml skin file, or one from the forums.

The Compiled xmlc skin file is the compiled file, which merges the base xml file and the custom bitmap controls. (The base xml is NOT needed by musicbee to use the {b]xlmc[/b] skin)

The Images folder contains every image used on the custom controls - The Play/Pause buttons, Lastfm icon, Equaliser icons etc. You can simply edit my example images to your liking so you dont have to worry about the size.

After you're happy with the way your images look, you can view the bitmap skin by starting the SkinCreator.exe. To save the bitmap as an xmlc file, simply press save on the top right corner of the SkinCreator.

Hopefully this will get you started  if you have any other questions, just PM right away!

Take care

SOURCE:
Blinghound

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Steven

• Administrator
i will try and get hold of colagen as he hasnt been active on the forums for some time. If i dont get any response i can extract the images and settings from the xmlc file so someone can take the skin forward as a variation. But i really think its best this is done by colagen if he is willing and it will take a bit of time for me to write something to extract the images

colagen

Hi,
Updated with more contrasted and yellow rating stars, sorry for the delay, redownload it from the first post please.

I've included the source file and images also in the first post, so if something seems wrong, somebody else could eventually update the skin before me (somebody more reactive than myself : )

SimonBRT

Analien

Thanks everybody, for your response and thanks to colagen for making the changes. Although I'd like to add that I meant to change the colour of the ratings in the file-list(s) not on the player itself, if you get what I mean (but it was a welcome change that too). :)
So may I dare to ask the same Q again, only this time it's for the file-lists e.g the Inbox, Library, Now Playing, etc, etc?  ::)

l.dc

Hi,
Updated with more contrasted and yellow rating stars, sorry for the delay, redownload it from the first post please.

I've included the source file and images also in the first post, so if something seems wrong, somebody else could eventually update the skin before me (somebody more reactive than myself : )

This is just perfect. Thank you! :)

jistme

I would like to do some skinning myself with SteelAndBee as a basis.
As I understand I then need the images and the source xml file from SteelAndBee, but the Mediafire link from the startpost is not valid anymore.

Does anybody have a valid link to these files for me please?

silasje1

Re-Up source please :)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin