Author Topic: Update Missing Artwork created only duplicate artworks [SOLVED]  (Read 283 times)

Olav

I had many songs that had no album art, so I tried the option: Auto-Tag By Track -> Update Missing Artwork. I got excited when I saw that many of the songs in my library were getting updated. However, when the task was finished, all the songs that had been updated had been given the same album artwork (an artwork of one particular song, the artist is 2DB and I assume that this was the first song in the list).

Now around a thousand songs that used to not have any artwork, have all been given the same artwork. Please see the screenshot at the bottom of this post. What went wrong here? And does anyone have an idea how I can revert this action and fix the artworks? Thanks in advance :)

Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 09:57:28 AM by Olav

sveakul

Check this thread, and follow up on all the links cited by frankz:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39082.0
Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 09:01:20 AM by sveakul

Olav

Thank you @sveakul! It solved most of my problems. I have a large folder that contains thousands of singles (no albums in folders). Is my only option then to embed the album arts? I see no way of allocating for each .mp3 file in that single folder a separate cover.jpg file.

boroda

Is my only option then to embed the album arts? I see no way of allocating for each .mp3 file in that single folder a separate cover.jpg file.

you have one more option: <filename>.*

but actually this will have the same effect (except for the tracks with identical filenames, but different extensions).

sveakul

Thank you @sveakul! It solved most of my problems. I have a large folder that contains thousands of singles (no albums in folders). Is my only option then to embed the album arts? I see no way of allocating for each .mp3 file in that single folder a separate cover.jpg file.
It could be done with Album Artwork Retrieval Filter.  The image below is a shot of that interface.  To handle the files in the folder with separate non-embedded artwork for each file, you could:

1.  Move <filename>.* to second on the list and check its box.

2.  On the folder to be scanned list keep "Folder the music file is located in" on top and check "include subfolders."

3.  Make sure all the separate image files to be used are named using the same name as the music file they apply to, and place them in a subfolder of the folder holding the music where non-embedded images are to be used;  you could put them in the same folder as those music files if you prefer.

4.  Finally, hit the "Rescan Artwork" button on the bottom left of the panel.

5.  Give the operation some time to complete, then Save and restart MusicBee.