Author Topic: MusicBees device syncing does not propagate file location to multiple playlists  (Read 238 times)

ZEROOFALL

I've been using musicbee's devices option to sync a few different devices. The main ones I use are a ipod with rockbox installed and a 256GB flashdrive I use for my truck to have a nice selection of music.
So far it works great and puts all the music I want on the device but I have noticed a annoying problem when it comes to it writing playlists. If the song already exists on the device from being added from a first playlist, it skips adding it. This is great when it comes to file itself not being duplicated but it would be nice if it would recognize that since the file already exists, it would continue writing the path of the file to the second playlist corresponding to its location on the device.

Just my idea of how to improve a already amazing program.

Steven

• Administrator
so the two musicbee playlists refer to 2 physically separate files but those 2 files have the same track details (artist, album, track number etc)?
In any case, even if there is only 1 instance of the file on the device I see no reason for MB not to write that files' location to the 2nd playlist. Its certainly not something I can recall anyone claiming before.
I wont spend any time looking at this unless some more solid evidence is provided

phred

• Global Moderator
This is great when it comes to file itself not being duplicated but it would be nice if it would recognize that since the file already exists, it would continue writing the path of the file to the second playlist corresponding to its location on the device.
As Steven said, evidence of this behavior is needed.

I have over 100 playlists and some songs are on more than one playlist. As you've noted, MB doesn't not copy the song's file again, but it DOES add its path to each playlist. So I've never experienced the behavior you say you're seeing.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DBreeden

When I plug my Galaxy A13 phone, there's no 'Devices' at the bottom of the Navigator screen.

phred

• Global Moderator
When I plug my Galaxy A13 phone, there's no 'Devices' at the bottom of the Navigator screen.
Please create a new thread for your issue as it has no relation to the existing thread. Please do not hijack threads.
When you create the new thread, be sure to include your MB version, including the letter after the number, and the OS version of the A13.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here