Author Topic: MusicBee icons  (Read 55792 times)

Utew

Love the icons, ferongr, very attractive... Great Work!  :D

ferongr

Application icon updated per Steven's suggestion (removed the small note so it fills the square better so it doesn't need sharpening). Link is the same as on the previous post, since I overwrote the old version on Dropbox.

I was going to do the same thing to the file type icons, but as I was playing around in PS, I found out that the free space under the icon allowed the small text to position better so I'm not gonna do it. Hence the archive plus the current program icon represent the latest revision.

In a couple of hours, I'll probably also release a small batch file that automatically updates the registry icon associations for the current user so you can change the filetype icons easily with a few clicks.

Edit: MBS icon is considered a placeholder for any associated filetype that contains settings and is supposed to be handled by the user. Right now, to my knowledge, MB does not use it.
Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:52:53 PM by ferongr

ferongr

Done.
Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24736015/icons.zip

Extract the folder in the archive either where Musicbee is installed or in the skins directory, and  execute the batch file in the icons directory afterwards. It may or may not require Administrator privileges to complete successfully, but I'd run it that way just to be sure.

When it asks you to verify the path displayed, then just make sure that it's the same as the folder the batch is running.

Make sure you don't have any file transfers running when you execute the batch, since it restarts explorer.exe to save you from the trouble or logging in and out or doing it manually.

Deleting, renaming or moving the files after installation will make the icons disappear. Running the batch without all the icons will result in the missing icons replaced by a Windows unknown filetype icon. In any case, to restore the original icons, just start Musicbee with Administrative privileges and re-apply file associations from Preferences -> General.

This batch is provided without any guarantee express or implied, and you assume all responsibility in case of computer damage, relationship problems, sterility or unemployment resulting from it's use.
Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:20:09 PM by ferongr

Maleko12

Aiyyo! ferongr you have done an amazing job with these beautiful icons.

Unfortunately, on my computer at least, all of the different icons default to the generic "audio.ico" file every time I close and reopen MB, even if I run as Administrator. Do I need to restart my computer for this situation not to happen?

Also, I'm not getting anything that says to verify the path displayed.

And one more thing: If one has embedded art in their files, the MB logo will show the "audio.ico" file even if the file is a mp3, flac, etc. Is that intentional?

Steven

• Administrator
are you running your computer as an admin and have the file types set in the main settings preferences - if so, it might be MB resetting the icon path, so i will need to change that

VX

I think most users could wait until the patch with new icons is bundled with MusicBee installer.

ferongr

Aiyyo! ferongr you have done an amazing job with these beautiful icons.

Unfortunately, on my computer at least, all of the different icons default to the generic "audio.ico" file every time I close and reopen MB, even if I run as Administrator. Do I need to restart my computer for this situation not to happen?

Also, I'm not getting anything that says to verify the path displayed.

And one more thing: If one has embedded art in their files, the MB logo will show the "audio.ico" file even if the file is a mp3, flac, etc. Is that intentional?

Well, in my case on Windows 7, MB normally runs without permissions for changing associations. Your UAC or account setup might be at fault (runs all programs with elevated permissions by default), and MB might overwrite the associations on every startup.

In anycase, I just made that mostly for my own usage, but thought it might save someone the trouble from doing things by hand.

In any case, to restore the defaults and wait for any possible official bundling, just run Musicbee with Administrator permissions, go to Preferences->General, untick and tick all associations (so it triggers re-association)  and click apply.

Maleko12

are you running your computer as an admin and have the file types set in the main settings preferences - if so, it might be MB resetting the icon path, so i will need to change that

Yes, I believe this is happening. That would be a great fix!

I think most users could wait until the patch with new icons is bundled with MusicBee installer.

Of course, I was just trying it out for fun :)

Steven

• Administrator
if you create an icons folder where MB is installed eg:
c:\program files\MusicBee\icons
and put the icons there, then MB will set the registry if you are running as an admin and have 'enable MusicBee in windows explorer and context menus ticked'

http://www.mediafire.com/?sz2dgcqpyis7v7v

otherwise if you run ferongr's script it will preserve that icon path

Maleko12

As expected, that did the trick! Just to re-iterate one question however:

If one has embedded art in their files, the MB logo will show the "audio.ico" file even if the file is a mp3, flac, etc. Is that intentional?

Again, thanks to ferongr for making these wonderful icons!

ferongr

Mhm, I'm not really sure about that, album art display is a standard Windows behavior for formats Vista/7 explorer can parse metadata from, and my batch only touches registry keys that are set by Musicbee, and only for the current user, not global ones.
Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:54:06 PM by ferongr

Maleko12

antiPOP

Great job ferongr! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

silasje1

Bump... is this already included in Musicbee 2.0?
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

VX

Bump... is this already included in Musicbee 2.0?

I've been using MB 2.0 RC1 as the default player for all supported file formats. Unfortunately, only one 'standard' icon is used for all the formats. I guess the great set of icons by ferongr hasn't been included in MB 2.0.

Otherwise, there is a bug in MB 2.0 RC1 to fix before the final release.

BTW, is there a separate icon for the OPUS file format  ???

Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:00:13 PM by VX