Author Topic: Ripping Difficulties and Library Size  (Read 1638 times)

jaewaldt

Ran into an issue where the system hangs up while ripping and does not seem to respond.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?  Also, what is the max size limit for the library?

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using?

What format are you ripping to?  If you're ripping to MP3 have you installed LAME?  if not, see this http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_rip.2Fconvert_to_MP3_or_AAC_files_with_MusicBee.3F

Is there anything in the Error Log around the time of the hang?  Help > Support > View Error Log.  If so, please copy/paste the relevant section here with your reply.

There is no stated size limit for the library.  Personally, my library is just shy of 140 gb with almost 18,000 tracks.  Others have reported no problems with much more than that.
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:45:47 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

theta_wave

Ran into an issue where the system hangs up while ripping and does not seem to respond.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?  Also, what is the max size limit for the library?
My library has ~170,000 tracks and MB is amazingly fast.  Mediamonkey is slowing down and its database file weighs in at a whopping 1.7GB.  In contrast, MB is just fast as mpd (linux) (read: it's freakin' fast) and its database file is 290MB!  As for ripping freezing, sorry I can't help you there.  I've been using exactaudiocopy for years and I guess I like to stick with something I'm familiar with.