Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 10787 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i should also mention that the web hosting company that musicbee uses will be upgrading the database and PHP version on 16/12 at 2am PST
according to the notes they provided there is a chance that the database upgrade will mean software such as the musicbee forum will not be able to connect to the database.
I wont be able to take corrective action until the evening UK time, so that means the forum will probably be offline most of wednesday

AvikB

It is good that no problem appeared :) i will upload a the new updated site soon.

Steven

• Administrator
It is good that no problem appeared :) i will upload a the new updated site soon.
let me know if you need the test.musicbee.com forum upgraded as thats not been done

AvikB

let me know if you need the test.musicbee.com forum upgraded as thats not been done

Yes, go ahead and do it.

Steven

• Administrator
its done now. The rendering is quite messed up and difficult to log on as the prompts are not displayed
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:33:08 PM by Steven

AvikB

its done now. The rendering is quite messed up and difficult to log on as the prompts are not displayed

Yes, i know. I will fix it when the new template is uploaded.

Also i have added an option in the new site where you will be able to disable both beta and release downloads, also monitor all release notes and all uploaded version of musicbee.
Also a lots of fixes and some enhancement, the whole admin panel and dashboard now uses ajax. :)
Another addition is the ability to enable new musicbeee version on the addon dashboard for developers to target.

This will make your job a lot easier.

Also if you have any specific feature request for admin panel, please pm me now, i will make the admin panel final in few days, and before that every feature should be included.
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:43:44 PM by AvikB

Steven

• Administrator
Two things I am missing are: 'show latest posts', and when you click a username, you don't see his signature/www etc. (useful for spam prevention)
for the show latest posts, i have a feeling it might actually be a change made for SMF 2 (not sure as its not clear if the change made does affect this function)
however, for those of you who miss this function, for now use this link:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?action=recent
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php/?action=unread;all;start=0
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:28:31 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Also if you have any specific feature request for admin panel, please pm me now, i will make the admin panel final in few days, and before that every feature should be included.
i cant think of anything over and above what i have seen so far

AvikB

i cant think of anything over and above what i have seen so far

i have changed the test forum to it's default theme till the new theme is done.

phred

• Global Moderator
Despite the fact that I have "Show a popup when you receive new messages?" enabled, I am not receiving a popup when there are new PMs.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Despite the fact that I have "Show a popup when you receive new messages?" enabled, I am not receiving a popup when there are new PMs.
i recommend you test that on the new forum

phred

• Global Moderator
@AvikB...

Do we really need double verification when sending a PM on the new forum?  I don't think we even need single verification.   I found it very cumbersome.  Having to match four (or was it five?) pictures and then match an alpha code???  Sorry, that's really a pain.  This isn't the CIA.  Nor MI5.  Users have already gone through a verification once they signed up. Please, please, please get rid of that.

In addition, I'm not finding where one sets up personal preferences on the new forum.  Please make it easier to find. 

I can find the preferences easily enough on the current (this) forum.  And there's no verification when sending PMs, so it's not the upgrade to SMF 2 that's the problem. 
Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:54:48 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
phred, i just sent a PM to you on the test forum without needing any verification. Perhaps somehow you were not logged in or maybe you use no-script?
I received a popup for your reply so that setting can work

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, i just sent a PM to you on the test forum without needing any verification. Perhaps somehow you were not logged in or maybe you use no-script?
I received a popup for your reply so that setting can work
So PM notifications work. 
However, I must've been logged in or I wouldn't have received notification of your PM to me.  When I replied, I had to go through the double verification.  And I just logged in again and when starting to send a PM, here's the screen:

As you can see by the "0" at top - I have no PMs, but I am logged in and have to opportunity to "sign out."  And at the bottom you can see the first of the two verifications.  And I don't use no-script.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i made a setting change on the test forum that hopefully changes that