Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254166 times)

AvikB

i have started making some changes around this. Since a few releases ago its now possible to configure the "Thumbnail with Tracks" layout to show fields on the right. In the next update, the mini-player playlist can be configured to show not just the Track Details layout but also the Album and Tracks layout or the "Thumbnail with Tracks" layout.
I will probably add a track finder panel

found a bug in the miniplayer customization panel. the dropdown does not work.

also hoping that spacing would improve in future version.

Pingaware

Double-clicking on a Playlist Mixer no longer makes it Play Now. Is that intentional?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Double-clicking on a Playlist Mixer no longer makes it Play Now. Is that intentional?

It works okay for me. Steven did make a bunch of changes recently, though, due to them not looping correctly.  Could be related.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Novatlan

When I try to rip a CD in 5889, I see the following error which MB "asked me" to report:

MusicBee v3.0.5889.40450 (Win10.0), 17 Feb 2016 16:08:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei #=qLIHbb2AUNGUlU3vMbXcyrF6k8dpfMvkZIv7eSVgpkfQ=.#=qL887tvMjlbaQqCKGpsM6Zw==()
   bei #=qLIHbb2AUNGUlU3vMbXcyrF6k8dpfMvkZIv7eSVgpkfQ=.#=qtEQFjsTtfjN0wRPOsz0lXFRTSy6pdMmg_AFXYhrmNL8=(Object #=q_imOUZfYD75imPq2tItd8Q==, EventArgs #=qDTMVontM5tmVm0vXiHniGQ==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei #=qxiJDBYysD7kdp6F2vgtwppChMDhViVbdlDfzQrm0TJw=.OnClick(EventArgs #=q7D77DNbX8CzOa7suHCzEHQ==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

brouwerik

I have a question about the "Sort By" in the library explorer. I always thought MB remembered the "Sort-By" settings per field, including ascending/descending. But after restarting MB the "Sort-By" settings are gone. I closed/opened MB several times and everytime another Sort-By setting is selected.

redwing

I have a question about the "Sort By" in the library explorer. I always thought MB remembered the "Sort-By" settings per field, including ascending/descending. But after restarting MB the "Sort-By" settings are gone. I closed/opened MB several times and everytime another Sort-By setting is selected.

The feature was never supported: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8690.0

Steven

• Administrator
When I try to rip a CD in 5889, I see the following error which MB "asked me" to report:
could you PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings). If the error is repeatable for the same CD, also let me know the artist and album name you were ripping as that might help
edit:
this version iwill show some info in the error message. I need the number at the start of the message
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:00:55 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
it working fine for me, so could you explain what you mean some more

AvikB

it working fine for me, so could you explain what you mean some more
if i click on the dropdown to choose other thumbnail options, the dropdown does not open. :/

Orion

After having bothered everyone a lot, things are now working fine for me : I love my new customised Musicbee.

May I make a suggestion for the next update ?

I've configured my classical music collection this way :
Left : Selection of the artist with the thumbnail browser
Then : Vertical Panel Browser to browse by country, musical work (Symphony No.**, etc.)
Center panel : the different albums corresponding to the different performances of the same work, by different conductors.

I start by selecting either the country or the artist (see below for the selection of the artist : you can see the list of albums-works correspond to the artist). Then I select the work, and then the version I want to listen.

The problem is that there is no link between the Column Browser and the Thumbnail Browser : when I click on the work-album I want to select in the column browser, the artist previously selected is unselected and so all the other works-albums (from other artists) suddenly reappears in the album column (sea below). That's not very practical.
Other example : when you select a country, for example, it does not excluse artists that does not correspond to the selected country, so you can't use it to browse the artists.

I also understand one can open multiple tabs and customise their appearance (for example, album cover view in the main panel of the first tab / only tracks in the main panel of the second). It would be even better if one could also change the categories and width of the column browser from one tab to another (for example, year and country in the first / country and conductor in the second, etc.).
Example 1 : The general music configuration I would like to have in the first tab

Example 2 : A classical music configuration that could be in a second tab, allowing to swith between the two without having to reconfigure the column browser (which I had to do to take the screenshot).

I hope you understand what I mean...
Do you think such improvements could be easily introduced ? Or is it hard to do for you ?
All I would like to know is if I can hope for such an improvement or if I should just forget about it.

Thank you very much for your attention and all your good and dedicated work on MusicBee !
Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:56:40 PM by Orion

Steven

• Administrator
if i click on the dropdown to choose other thumbnail options, the dropdown does not open. :/
i cant reproduce this but have made a small change for the next update
for the spacing, its best you post a screenshot of what you think is best (assuming its more than just changing the picture size to medium)

Steven

• Administrator
As I reported in another post, there's a bug with Controls main menu. If you click on shuffle, it toggles to auto-DJ mode as well.

There is still this issue with the button positions in the genre category pop up:

And the icon boxes in the highlighting panel are off as well:

these are fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the items stated as fixed above

StefanIvanovic

I found this behavior weird, not sure if it's a bug or it is intentional. When I add something to Now playing list, like cue or a file from Windows Explorer (not library) with double click, it stops the playback and adds as Queue Next, instead of Queue Last as I set in Now playing preferences, as it can be seen in screenshot here http://i.imgur.com/LCC9cLP.png. The other thing is that if track outside the library is removed from Now playing list next track is automatically played, see the gif here http://i.imgur.com/QhZs6C4.gifv (the reason wavebar was flat is that cue's wav is 2.64GB, it did play, see the remaining time above progress bar). I tried with single track instead of cue and it is the same. For me this seems like an unexpected behavior, what I think is logical is that external files (outside library, like this one) should be queued last, especially if set to, and deleting them from now playing list should not start plying first track available on list. Maybe I made some setting wrong?

StefanIvanovic

I found this behavior weird, not sure if it's a bug or it is intentional. When I add something to Now playing list, like cue or a file from Windows Explorer (not library) with double click, it stops the playback and adds as Queue Next, instead of Queue Last as I set in Now playing preferences, as it can be seen in screenshot here http://i.imgur.com/LCC9cLP.png. The other thing is that if track outside the library is removed from Now playing list next track is automatically played, see the gif here http://i.imgur.com/QhZs6C4.gifv (the reason wavebar was flat is that cue's wav is 2.64GB, it did play, see the remaining time above progress bar). I tried with single track instead of cue and it is the same. For me this seems like an unexpected behavior, what I think is logical is that external files (outside library, like this one) should be queued last, especially if set to, and deleting them from now playing list should not start plying first track available on list. Maybe I made some setting wrong?

Sorry for quoting my previous post, I was too late for modifying it and I just found out that removing ANY track, even one preset in library, playback stops and moves to the next one. I reported earlier that deleting/clearing list shouldn't stop playback and you fixed that. I think that should be the same for individual tracks as well. At least there should be setting in Now playing preferences to change this.