Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1255078 times)

theta_wave

This has been requested a few times so i have updated the Album and Tracks layout to allow persisting of no fields to the right/ under the picture. Its done for the next update
Thanks, I just tested the latest build and if the "fields displayed" is left blank, it stays blank.  Thanks!

sleepless

Where is the Field Layout Editor now? It used to be in: Preferences-->Layout (1)-->Configure Fields.  I can't find it now.

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Where is the Field Layout Editor now? It used to be in: Preferences-->Layout (1)-->Configure Fields.  I can't find it now.

It's under Main Panel in Layout.  Customize Panel > Configure Fields (at the bottom left)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

It's under Main Panel in Layout.  Customize Panel > Configure Fields (at the bottom left)
Edit > Preferences > Layout (1) > main panel - files: > customize layout

or (if one wants to edit the current customized view displayed on the main panel)

On the upper left of the main panel, "(View Type) v", Press "v" to bring down the menu and press "Customize Panel..." (see pic below)

Tbh, I think this layout is more efficient than 2.5.5 granted I've only used 2.5.5 for a few days.

sleepless

theta_wave

The field alignment isn't working for podcasts in v3.0 (works in v2.5)

http://s7.postimg.org/3mepvbu87/Capture1.jpg
What is this??  A thumbnail for ants?!
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:55:42 PM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
The field alignment isn't working for podcasts in v3.0 (works in v2.5)
field alignment should be working for the next v3 update

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes as stated above
- support for new skinning elements

MeeMeeMee

I'm experiencing some weird behavior when it comes to album art. I drop a folder.jpg with the music files but sometimes the startup scan doesn't pick them up.
the Send To -> File Rescan never picks up the album art.
When the startup scan does work, I sometimes end up with album art not being displayed everywhere, like in the screenshot below.
A few additional comments. In the instance of this happening captured, above, refreshing (F5) didn't help. Also, removing the album from the playlist and adding it again didn't help either. I think this worked better in v2.5.

MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Steven

• Administrator
is folder.jpg in the artwork retrieval filter in Tags(1) preferences?

MeeMeeMee

is folder.jpg in the artwork retrieval filter in Tags(1) preferences?
Yup. It's first. It's, actually, "Folder.jpg", (captilized) followed by "Folder.*". The media is on my NAS, shared over SMB/CIFS. The file name is, actually, "folder.jpg" (not capitalized). But it's windows, so it doesn't care right? Anyway, it appears in some places so it did pick it up.
I closed/started MB again, and the artwork is still missing in the 2 places shown in the screenshot.
When I hit Edit Track the art work is displayed properly on all album tracks.

Just to add some more strange details: I added album art for 5 albums in the same way (dropped folder.jpg....). 3 were picked up just fine after a startup scan (after not being picked up when I re-scanned files), 2 ended-up looking like the screenshot above.
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:12:47 PM by MeeMeeMee
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Steven

• Administrator
if you edit the first track in the album, in the artwork tab can you see the picture and if you click Save To, does it show "folder.jpg" as ticked?