Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1259857 times)

redwing

- when you drag from the main panel in the left direction and the left sidebar is hidden then it will pop up automatically. I might change it to only do that if the left sidebar is configured as auto-open (as opposed to "hide") in case people dont like this new behavior

- Noticed this works only on Track Details view and Album & Tracks view. Is it intended?
- Popped out sidebar needs to push the whole panels to the right (1) when playlist manager is enabled, (2) when playing tracks list is placed on left main panel and (3) when only main panel is opened (as it would cover some fields).

- i have made a start on tab pinning - just right click on a tab/ Pin. I really havent tested it and off the top of my head still needs to move the tab to the left side when first pinned and inbox/podcast counters

Looks good. Some suggestions:
- As I suggested, consider displaying first letter too for nodes with the same icon like filters and playlists as tooltip is not enough.
- Noticed lock tab command still remains but it doesn't seem to do anything.
- I don't think it's a good idea to disable left sidebar for pinned tabs as that will seriously limit its functionality. Just allow it to show and if the user selects a different node, just open the node in a new tab and move focus to there. That's how web browses do for pinned tabs.
- Pinned tabs are not locked to its selected node (1) when search results node opens and (2) field links on track info panel are clicked. Open those too in a new tab.
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:52:29 AM by redwing

Alumni

- I don't think it's a good idea to disable left sidebar for pinned tabs as that will seriously limit its functionality.

The way I see it, the whole point of pinned tabs is to replace the left sidebar as a navigator, in which case it makes sense to disable the sidebar automatically.

redwing

- I don't think it's a good idea to disable left sidebar for pinned tabs as that will seriously limit its functionality.

The way I see it, the whole point of pinned tabs is to replace the left sidebar as a navigator, in which case it makes sense to disable the sidebar automatically.

Not sure about it. Then why hide it only when you're in pinned tabs? Even if that's the case, it should only default to auto-hide it and still allow the user to show it instead of entirely disabling it. My opinion is it would be best to make it follow the same configured panel layout settings whether it's pinned or not.

sleepless

After scrolling horizontally in the Tracks view, I get some weird text remnants from the album header:

Normal:

After scrolling:

AvikB

- when you drag from the main panel in the left direction and the left sidebar is hidden then it will pop up automatically. I might change it to only do that if the left sidebar is configured as auto-open (as opposed to "hide") in case people dont like this new behavior
Works fine in list view(tracks, album & tracks), but does not work in cover views(album cover, artists).

- i have made a start on tab pinning - just right click on a tab/ Pin. I really havent tested it and off the top of my head still needs to move the tab to the left side when first pinned and inbox/podcast counters
I am trying to figure out what is the lock tab function? also Pin function seems like how browsers pin tabs, also it only shows icons when switching to other tabs, which i quite like. :) but then what do we use the lock function? i am confused. :S

Steven

• Administrator
Since a fairly recent update, the file selection window for "Replace File" takes up most of the screen, and can't be moved or resized.
would you mind posting a screenshot as the only window i can think of for file selection is done using the standard windows control

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
when selecting multiple files, if the album or album artist are not consistent then that dialog is opened ie. there isnt a single album artist/album to download a picture for
That makes sense. But in my example(s), album artist and album title are consistent.

RTesla

Managed to move thumbnail browser to the right of the column browser, works great!

Is there any reason though you can't select multiple artists or albums in the thumbnail browser? eg when I hold down ctrl and select multiple entries like in the column browser. It's the only thing stopping me form removing the album column in the column browser and using this instead.

Thanks Steven

Orion

Just a very simple question this time : is it possible to create a "Portable" version of MusicBee v3.0 for now ?

As I didn't found how to configure two different interfaces (one for usual music, one for classical music, with a totaly different way of browsing) and to switch quickly from one to the other, I need to use two MusicBee : one setup in Program Files, one setup as a portable version. But I would like to benefit from all the improvement of V.3 on the portable version. Is it easy to create one ?

Thank you very much in advance.

PS : That is much less important, but I would like to customize the picture that is displayed when MusicBee is opening. Is it possible ?

Alumni

As I didn't found how to configure two different interfaces (one for usual music, one for classical music, with a totaly different way of browsing) and to switch quickly from one to the other, I need to use two MusicBee : one setup in Program Files, one setup as a portable version. But I would like to benefit from all the improvement of V.3 on the portable version. Is it easy to create one ?

Have you tried this with the latest v3.0 patch? It should be possible to configure the layout independently for each library filter.

PS : That is much less important, but I would like to customize the picture that is displayed when MusicBee is opening. Is it possible ?

Do you mean the splash screen? It can be disabled in preferences. The skin author controls the appearance of this image, it requires editing the skin xml file.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
when selecting multiple files, if the album or album artist are not consistent then that dialog is opened ie. there isnt a single album artist/album to download a picture for
That makes sense. But in my example(s), album artist and album title are consistent.

I can confirm this.  Here's a screencap, showing that the the album & artist match (there are multiple artist values, but they're all the same, too): http://imgur.com/kA2FPSp.  But when I right click on the artwork in the main panel and search, I get the separate searches per track.  On the other hand, using the artwork in the tag editor or the artwork in the left panel works as expected.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Orion

Have you tried this with the latest v3.0 patch? It should be possible to configure the layout independently for each library filter.

I tried : it doesn't.
To be more precise I would like to have completely different ways of browsing :
Normal Interface : Column Browser with Years at the left + Thumbnail Browser for Artists in the left of the Main Panel + Covers in the Main Panel

Classical Interface : Only Column Browser, with countries, then artists, then albums + Cover and tracks in the Main Panel.

It means that it's not only the File Display in the Main Panel that need to be different from one collection to another but the whole interface. I can't do that for now. That's why I asked if it was possible either to make it possible (but I don't want to bother Steven again with my problems) or to explain to me how to create a portable version of V.3. so that I can use two different .exe files with two different configuration files.

Thank you for your help.
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:19:52 PM by Orion

Pingaware

If you install the 2.5 portable version then just extract the latest 3.0 patch over the top, it will be a portable installation. Nothing more needed than that.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

brouwerik

I have 1 tab open with the Now Playing node selected and the Now Playing Bar activated with a Theater Mode. In the Now Playing Bar everything is displayed well, but when I go to another tab and then go back to the Now Playing tab, the Artist Pictures won't display anymore until I select the Theater Mode again or until I switch to another song. This happens with all Theater Modes, and only in the Now Playing Node.
there is a bug but i dont get the same behavior. The bug i found is fixed so when the update is available let me know if it is fixed

I can confirm this is fixed now

rurutia10

Crash happened again and this time didn't have repeat on.

http://i.imgur.com/OQMvU4o.png

The song just ended and I pressed the "previous playback" hotkey. Crash. It seems to happen a lot when starting songs.

I never got crashes with 2.5, but with 3.0 it seems to happen every now and then..