Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254530 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i have made the change but if it has unexpected side effects then i might remove it

i have added support for editing Genres in the main panel

Thanks and thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

Steven

• Administrator
I still have the problem where sometimes, musicbee crashes after playing a song. Would a debug version help in getting rid of it?
when you say crash, do you mean MB freezes, displays an error message or terminates?
check the error log for any error at the time it happened (help/ support/ view settings)
I guess if you send me your settings again i can take another look

Steven

• Administrator
When auto-hidden, if you move the mouse to the left, left sidebar pops out as expected.
What I'm proposing is if you start dragging files from main panel (without having to move the mouse to the left) playlist manager should pop out because that is more useful than left sidebar as to where to drop files. But with the current functionality (no folder collapsing and no computer and devices node) people would find it unusable or less useful than left sidebar.
for the next v3 update i have made a change so that if the left sidebar is hidden (i know you are refering to the playlists panel) and you drag from the main panel to the left then the left sidebar will popup automatically

redwing

As I reported from another thread, URL search is not working at all.
thats added for the next update

It's working fine now. Thanks!

redwing

I suggested this before, but why not display custom view name for main panel selector button when the view's selected to avoid any confusions just like now playing bar displays TM view name on its selector button?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suggested this before, but why not display custom view name for main panel selector button when the view's selected to avoid any confusions just like now playing bar displays TM view name on its selector button?

+1
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Follow up on the Genre Category pop-up:  the buttons are correctly positioned now, but there's still extra space at the bottom of the text box (which I thought had been a result of the misplaced buttons), enough for 1-2 more lines.  It makes it look like there's no more list because you expect more items to show up before you have to scroll.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

quBit

Some panel configuration settings don't work for the compact player, making it impossible to for example change album cover size/position in the track information panel inside the compact player.

Also, above every panel it shows the panel name, for example "Track Information v" above the track information and "Playing Tracks v" above the playlist. I wonder why that's in there and if there's a way to hide it as it wasn't like that in 2.5

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Also, above every panel it shows the panel name, for example "Track Information v" above the track information and "Playing Tracks v" above the playlist. I wonder why that's in there and if there's a way to hide it as it wasn't like that in 2.5
The little "v" indicates there is drop-down menu.  It wasn't like it in 2.5 as the drop-down menu wasn't there then.  There is no way to hide it.

Some panel configuration settings don't work for the compact player, making it impossible to for example change album cover size/position in the track information panel inside the compact player.
If you mean that some of the options that can be changed in the "Now Playing Layout Configuration" panel from the "Now Playing" tab also effect the Compact player but those same options can't be accessed from there; then yes, I've noticed that too.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
in 5895:

The search item "Search Internet for picture" does not display the right window for VA albums. I get "Auto-Tag: Update Missing Artwork" instead of the usual "Artwork: name of a track" with a selection of pictures from iTunes, last.fm, Google and fanart.tv

The artwork is not displayed for these VA albums even though there's a picture file present in the folder.
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:02:24 PM by 5moufl

quBit

The little "v" indicates there is drop-down menu.  It wasn't like it in 2.5 as the drop-down menu wasn't there then.  There is no way to hide it.

I realize that, but once you finished setting up your layout, there is no need for that drop-down menu anymore. I mean who's gonna regularly want to reconfigure their substential layout for the player so much that they would need a dropdown to quickly access the options? (especially when implementing it within the right-click menu like in 2.5, it takes the same amount of clicks and saves space without adding clutter)
I think for most people it's just a waste of space at that point and for some like me it's even a major annoyance. I think there should not be any elements forced on screen that don't get used regularly. Like I know that the 'track information' is indeed 'track information'. I don't need a bold text above it telling me so. It fills no purpose to me.

If you mean that some of the options that can be changed in the "Now Playing Layout Configuration" panel from the "Now Playing" tab also effect the Compact player but those same options can't be accessed from there; then yes, I've noticed that too.

That's not what i mean. I'm sure you can reproduce this. Just try to have your compact player layout configured in a way where the album art is displayed to the right side of the track information. You can do it to display like that in the main player but not in the compact player.

Btw. in 2.5 I can't get the artwork to display on the right side of the track details either. Not even in the main player. Is it just me?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I realize that, but once you finished setting up your layout, there is no need for that drop-down menu anymore. I mean who's gonna regularly want to reconfigure their substential layout for the player so much that they would need a dropdown to quickly access the options? (especially when implementing it within the right-click menu like in 2.5, it takes the same amount of clicks and saves space without adding clutter)
I think for most people it's just a waste of space at that point and for some like me it's even a major annoyance. I think there should not be any elements forced on screen that don't get used regularly. Like I know that the 'track information' is indeed 'track information'. I don't need a bold text above it telling me so. It fills no purpose to me.

Actually, you can also just click in that bar (to the right of the menu) to toggle track info/lyrics/bio, if you have them stacked.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
The search item "Search Internet for picture" does not display the right window for VA albums. I get "Auto-Tag: Update Missing Artwork" instead of the usual "Artwork: name of a track" with a selection of pictures from iTunes, last.fm, Google and fanart.tv

The artwork is not displayed for these VA albums even though there's a picture file present in the folder.
its working fine for me and i havent made any changes around this. Can you post a screenshot so i can see the picture you right clicked on and also the dialog that pops up

ankor

+1
+1