Author Topic: Greb Theater Mode Final V4 [UPDATED 10 March 2012]  (Read 55010 times)

Greb

------------------------------------------    Greb Theater Mode 4    ----------------------------------------

I'm redoing a bit this old stuff. It's just in process.

INSTRUCTIONS:

I. BASIC PACK.

1. Download the file 'Greb TM4.zip'

http://filebeam.com/ddb1012273ca2af5707095f1a6a4e921   [Updated 1o Mar]

2. Unzip the file in 'MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List'

I. FONTS.

Some layouts use specific fonts, that are included in the zip file. Installing those fonts is optional. Up to you.

III. WALLPAPERS

This TheaterMode uses the Landscapes inside the folder 'SharedArtword\Landscapes' as background. I put a few ones in the zip file you downloaded, so you don't get a black screen when turning on the theater mode. But, unless you want to see again and again the same wallpapers, you should put a nice collection of wallpapers in 'MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\SharedArtwork\Landscapes'

V. SOME PICTURES

---------------------------oooOOO       OLD THEATER MODE FROM HERE ON       OOOooo-----------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:

NOTE. Differences between 3.0 and 3.1 are (mainly) that 3.1 has a much compressed and easy-access menu

I. BASIC PACK.

1. Download the file 'Greb Theater Mode III.zip'

Update 15 August: Steven has done a version where the menu uses the hidden function, so it looks much better now.
   It's here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2in4iy1no849y51

Basically it's the same theater mode, but now the menu stays hidden until you move the mouse over it (at the left of the screen).

Using the last patched version of MB is needed: http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

In case you don't want to patch it or you don't want the menu to hide here are the old versions.

http://depositfiles.com/files/l5cwqqs4g
   http://filebeam.com/3d219069e2aa9fd66f0f9a903c088ca6

2. Unzip the file in 'MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List'

3. Install the 'Open Sans' fonts that come inside the zip file.

II. EXTRA FONTS

Half of the layouts in the 'Greb Theater Mode III' use the Open Sans fonts. I you want to use the other half (check the pictures) you should install additional fonts.

1. Download the file 'Greb Theater Mode III Extra Fonts.zip'

http://filebeam.com/1ecfb134c0c4a7fa3b7cf34b4e722f6a
   http://depositfiles.com/files/k0l4y7cxl
   http://oron.com/qbq8nplkwped

2. Install the fonts (the quickest way is to copy them directly in C:\Windows\Fonts)

III. WALLPAPERS

This TheaterMode uses the Landscapes inside the folder 'SharedArtword\Landscapes' as background. I put a few ones in the zip file you downloaded, so you don't get a black screen when turning on the theater mode. But, unless you want to see again and again the same wallpapers, you should put a nice collection of wallpapers in 'MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\SharedArtwork\Landscapes'

IV. ARTIST BACKGROUND

This Theater mode uses wallpapers as background. If you prefer to have artist pictures as background you can use  'Greb Theater Mode III [Artist Background]'. You will notice that there are two ones using this name (I and II). They take the pictures from different places in internet. In general, the I one will show less varierity, but higher quality.

V. PICTURES

Version 3.1 has a much more compressed menu. Besides that, there can be slight differences since I'm not taking pics after every minor tweak :-).
Here you have a pic with the compressed menu. Be aware that now one menu line can link to two layouts (for example, in the first line, 'White Bar' and '[+ Track]' link to two different layouts).

>>>>>>>>>> PICTURES USING THE EXTRA FONTS <<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>> WITHOUT EXTRA FONTS <<<<<<<<<<

Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:43:58 AM by Greb

Nixander

I didnt know that theatermode is optimized for hd-screens (are they?). I always wonderd why they look so shitty on my laptop. therefore looking forward to the low-resolution version! ALSO, great work :)

Greb

I didnt know that theatermode is optimized for hd-screens (are they?). I always wonderd why they look so shitty on my laptop. therefore looking forward to the low-resolution version! ALSO, great work :)

Yeap. I did it for my laptop, mainly, and I use 1600x900 resolution. Bigger resolutions should look Ok.

Lower resolutions (specially in the x axis) can look a bit crappy.

With regard to lower resolutions, it would be interesting to know which resolution people use... 1280x800?, 1024x720? 800x600 in a netbook?
Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:11:50 AM by Greb

SimonBRT

silasje1

I will try to look into a option where you can use the autoHide option to do this:
When not pressed the normal layout is shown.
When pressed a smallerversion is show. Might fix some problems regarding small screens. Else you could let me tweak some settings in your file ;)
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Greb

I will try to look into a option where you can use the autoHide option to do this:
When pressed a smallerversion is show. Might fix some problems regarding small screens. Else you could let me tweak some settings in your file ;)

If you want to tweak it or to use it for your own version, feel free.

silasje1

If you want to tweak it or to use it for your own version, feel free.

It is merly for fixing your problems :)... but i will look into it and tweak it if possible and send the file to you if you want to change those settings :)

I cant do anything :p it is waaaay to much code for me to do. I will just reccomend making a low resolution version then.

Edit:

i think your code was cool enough :)
Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:50:53 PM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

izakpolman

Hi Greb,
I just found out something weird in my MB after installing Greb Theatre mode final version.
When I first click Greb Theater mode (Artist background) the column for PLAY button black-out like this.

while I click Greb Theater mode, the buttons comes out properly.

Did I do something wrong?
Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:02:52 PM by izakpolman

silasje1

Hover over buttons ? or are they static

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

izakpolman

Even if I move my mouse over, nothing shows up, it just leaves a black blank box.  However, when I try Greb Theater mode first, and return to Greb theater mode (artist background) it works (shows up all necessary buttons).

JanW

Great work greb!
I'm having an issue tho... can't get "bar and lyrics" and "List of Songs" to work properly at the same time. The main bar gets fucked up. Look:

I supose its caused because the "List of Songs" feature also contains a main bar, which makes them duplicate? Wouldn't it be best if we could independently pick the item we want to display from a list? Is this even possible?
Also, is there a way to hide the display config list?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
I supose its caused because the "List of Songs" feature also contains a main bar, which makes them duplicate? Wouldn't it be best if we could independently pick the item we want to display from a list? Is this even possible?
Also, is there a way to hide the display config list?
Thanks
I also get the duplicate (shadowed) info in the main bar.  It would be nice to be able to selected individual elements (List of Songs (only!) - no main bar) and/or Lyrics, and/or Bio.  Since the Main Bar is already by itself (in three versions) I don't see the need to group it together with other elements.

This setup that JanW uses would be the only one I use except for the config list showing.
+1 to being able to hide the config list.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Greb

You're right. It's quite quick to fix. No time right now but I'll fix it this week.

JanW

Great thanks, while on it, check out all combinations, im prety sure that's not the only conflicting one.