Author Topic: LyricsReloaded  (Read 242789 times)

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
Done, the master branch has the logger reverted and the new version 1.1.1. Just clone/dl the code, build it, run the tests and send me the DLL via private message.

Thank you in advance!

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
This is not an official update, so you won't get notified about this release.
The issue with the logger isn't critical, so I recommand to wait until I can release an official update. For those of you who want this bug to be fixed now, download the dll below and replace your current LyricsReloaded plugin with it.
Be aware: I did not check the binary for malicious code, so use it at your own risk.

So here is the fixed version compiled by logicPwn:

http://dl.code-infection.de/counted/mb_LyricsReloaded-logicPwn.dll

MeekLogic

This is not an official update, so you won't get notified about this release.
The issue with the logger isn't critical, so I recommand to wait until I can release an official update. For those of you who want this bug to be fixed now, download the dll below and replace your current LyricsReloaded plugin with it.
Be aware: I did not check the binary for malicious code, so use it at your own risk.

So here is the fixed version compiled by logicPwn:

http://dl.code-infection.de/counted/mb_LyricsReloaded-logicPwn.dll

Virustotal - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/db966c469c82353484be1835c5ad6df0561694942e8c277604c6a76a021c84d5/analysis/1374447526/
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." -Martin Golding

hamma

No problems with that dll when scanned with local Eset virus scanner.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
I just released the official update as 1.1.1.1, so everyone should get a update notification

eLr0n

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
Thank you for the suggestion, however that provider is not yet possible. I added it to the planned websites though.

blackknight

would love to have www.lyricsbogie.com as one of the lyrics tagging site

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
The same here: not possible yet, but I added it to the planned sites

Maleko12

+1! This is the biggest flaw of looking up lyrics in MB. I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop/R&B, and it usually has at least one feature (it's part of the track title). Like mrad beautifully mentioned, you shouldn't have to remove part of the official title just to receive lyrics. Of course, this has been a problem since lyrics have been implemented years ago.

Pingaware

I have no objection to this proposal, but I'd like to point out that in general the featured artists aren't so much part of the title as something to go in the artist tag, leaving album artist constant for the album
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
I have no objection to this proposal, but I'd like to point out that in general the featured artists aren't so much part of the title as something to go in the artist tag, leaving album artist constant for the album
+1

But I actually thought about that a while back already, but it wasn't a priority. Filtering the title with regexes is already possible if you add it as a filter to specific provider configurations. I could however add a configuration window that allows you to add global pre filters. Would you mind creating a ticket in my bug tracker?

mrad

in general the featured artists aren't so much part of the title as something to go in the artist tag, leaving album artist constant for the album
I disagree on two counts...
1) When you rename a complete album with the artist as folder name e.g. ..\%artist%\%year% %album%\%track% %track title%
...  having NON consistent %artist% fields that carry featured artist names really screws thing up.
2) With hip-hop and r&b the featured artist usually come with the title.
3) Songname featuring Artist is more natural than Artist featuring Artist (personal preference)

I've thought to use %album artist% as well as %artist%, but this deviates away from idtags v1 so I've resisted and I don't see car stereos and other devices supporting these other tags in a hurry either.

Anyway, this is all a diversion ;) back to the wish ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filtering the title with regexes is already possible if you add it as a filter to specific provider configurations
Erm, where might that be? (documentation?)

In regards to setting up another login on another site, meh! Here is central enough for me :p
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:50:56 PM by mrad

Pingaware

3) Songname featuring Artist is more natural than Artist featuring Artist (personal preference)

Possibly is more natural. I've made the transition to your non-preference simply because it suits media players significantly better.

1) When you rename a complete album with the artist as folder name e.g. ..\%artist%\%year% %album%\%track% %track title%
...  having NON consistent %artist% fields that carry featured artist names really screws thing up.

I've thought about using %album artist% as well as %artist%, but this deviates away from idtags v1 so I've resisted and I don't see car stereos and other devices supporting these other tags in a hurry either.

I feel that it's a bit short sighted to say that as I am sure that they will catch up with the new standards in the near(ish) future - although as legacy support, I can understand your system.

But anyway, as you said, this is a diversion and I'm splitting hairs over a very personal preference.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
If you don't create a ticket, I'll handle it with lowest priority, because I usually check the forum in the end.