Author Topic: Add AlbumArtistSort to Organise options  (Read 3292 times)

matthijskoopmans

Hi there,

I use AlbumArtistSort in MusicBrainz to sort my library into the different folders based on the first letter of the Album Artist. MusicBee supports the first character, but only for AlbumArtist, not AlbumArtistSort. So David Bowie is organised in MusicBee under D, where I would like it under the B.

Steven

• Administrator
i just tried now and its ok for me. I assume you have assigned Album-Artist Sort to one of the custom fields - say for example the 3rd custom tag, in which case the template would be:
<Custom3>:1
I did notice a bug in the template helper (the ... button) where it wasnt handling custom tags correctly which i have fixed now, so perhaps you didnt have the custom tag correctly referenced in your template?

matthijskoopmans

Thanks for the tip, I am a new user to MusicBee.

I have tried your suggestion. I have mapped custom1 to Album Artist Sort-Order in MusicBee. It did not have the results I needed (David Bowie was still mapped to the D instead of the B). This could point to the missing Album Artist Sort-Order tag. That is strange, as it has been populated by MusicBrainz.. (although there it is called AlbumArtistSort. I will tinker with the tags and post the resolution when I found it.

matthijskoopmans

I have added Album Artist Sort-Order as a custom1 tag. The tag is empty in MusicBee.. An investigation in the tags shows there is a tag called TXXX/albumartistsort. That tag has the information from Music Brainz (i.e. Bowie, David). I have tried mapping this to the organise music files to no avail..

From a user perspective, I would still recommend having AlbumArtistSort as a standard entry in the dropdown box, so you can have a folder structure like this: <album artist sort-order>:1\<album artist>\<album>\<disc)>-<track> <title>

Steven

• Administrator
the album-artist sort field already in musicbee maps to the standard ID3 tag (TSO2) for album artist sort order, which is different to TXXX/albumartistsort - i dont plan to change that for now.
to get this to work you would need to define a custom tag as albumartistsort (you can set the display name something more friendly), and as it works at the moment you would have the naming template as:
<custom1>:1\<album artist>\<album>\<disc>-<track> <title>

you might find <Disc-Track#> works better than <disc>-<track> if not all your tracks have a disc number

Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:28:55 AM by Steven

matthijskoopmans

Thanks Steven,

I got it to work by mapping TXXX/AlbumArtistSort to a new tag Album Artist Sort, which I then mapped to Custom1.

BTW: I noticed a frowy face on top of my previous post. I must have accidentally added it. I have little to frown about, so I added a smily face here :)