Author Topic: A Sophisticated Bee (at Night)  (Read 45841 times)

hiccup

I was just looking at the player layout and there's a "Show Track Details on Multiple Lines" option that I can't check. Is that something that can be incorporated?

I usually prefer thin player panels, which makes having two text lines not working very well. (tried it and abandoned it)
It could be done by heightening the whole player panel and/or by relocating the progress bar away from under the text, but that's too much work for achieving something I don't like much myself.
So, sorry.

iamambuser

I was just looking at the player layout and there's a "Show Track Details on Multiple Lines" option that I can't check. Is that something that can be incorporated?

I usually prefer thin player panels, which makes having two text lines not working very well. (tried it and abandoned it)
It could be done by heightening the whole player panel and/or by relocating the progress bar away from under the text, but that's too much work for achieving something I don't like much myself.
So, sorry.

No worries. Can't say I've ever seen that before until I started futzing around with the player preferences. So it doesn't take anything away from the skin. Just something I saw and thought I'd ask about. Thanks.

iamambuser

minor update

Hey,

The 3.1 link in the 1st post points to 3.2 Mar 2019. Is that the updated one? I checked the 2.5 link and that points to 2.5.

Also, the "A Sophisticated Bee" skin 3.1 link points to 3.2 Jan 2019. Your other skins that have been updated point to an Apr 2019 version.

hiccup

Thanks for observing, both links are fixed.

I see that the start post of 'A Sophisticated Bee' indeed mentions 3.1 instead of 3.2, but I can't correct that since I created that post with an older alias of mine which is now defunct and I can't edit anymore.

hiccup

Updated, minor tweaks, device icons added.

(these device icons will only show up in MusicBee v3.4> which is not yet available at this moment)

hiccup

Updated again, the Mini Player has been improved.
(needs MB 3.3.7299 or up to display as intended)

My apologies for this forum bomb (again ;-) , but it's probably useful to users of these skins that have subscribed so to get notifications on updates.

hiccup

updated

Main changes:
- The Jukebox view is skinned.
- The readability/contrast of sub-text fields in 'Album and Tracks' view and in the Expanded Album panel is improved.

note: both these updates only function under MusicBee 3.4
(which is currently under development and in alpha release state)

hiccup

updated

improved the contrast/legibility of the text in the status bar

iamambuser

hiccup

Hi can you please add the "show last.fm scrobble button" mentioned in https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31175.0

It's there and it's always been there?:

It's a little bit big and fat though, perhaps I'll slim it down a little bit when I update the skin a next time.

iamambuser

Hi can you please add the "show last.fm scrobble button" mentioned in https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31175.0

It's there and it's always been there?:

Sorry should've been more specific. I meant the option to remove the last.fm button.

It's a little bit big and fat though, perhaps I'll slim it down a little bit when I update the skin a next time.

hiccup

Sorry should've been more specific. I meant the option to remove the last.fm button.
I am very reluctant to create, release and needing to maintain another skin (version) that is almost identical to an existing one.  

But I am pretty sure there have been requests (and wish posts perhaps?) that ask for MusicBee having a configuration setting to be able to hide the last.fm button.
It seems a valid request to me since there are probably a lot of MusicBee users that don't use last.fm, and don't need that button in view taking up space all the time.
(I'm not sharing my data with last.fm, so I have no use for that button either)

If that feature becomes available in MusicBee, I will take a look at all of my skins, and see which ones I can modify so that they work well both with and without that button.
Same as it currently functions for 'love', 'rating', 'eq' and 'spectrum visualisations'.

So your best hopes are in it becoming a MusicBee feature to be able to hide the last.fm button…

phred

• Global Moderator
So your best hopes are in it becoming a MusicBee feature to be able to hide the last.fm button…
Errr...

Which begs the question why isn't that option available in A Sophisticated Bee?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Errr...
Interesting. That one must have slipped by me.
I see it was introduced with 3.4.
But it looks like that feature is not available for skinning, so it can't be done for xmlc skins, only for xml skins.