Author Topic: Crash Crash Crash (Need Help0  (Read 4266 times)

T. Henry Michta

I have used Music Bee for over a year now and have the latest update or Beta version, but every time I open and start a song it crashes!  I have a libary of over 27,000 songs is this overloading the system...  Any help is much appreciated. 

T. Henry Michta

Strangely no, it just says Music Bee has crashed...  I love the program but I cant get it to play a single song without crashing...

T. Henry Michta

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   MusicBee.exe
  Application Version:   2.1.4720.33032
  Application Timestamp:   50bd1b96
  Fault Module Name:   bass.dll
  Fault Module Version:   2.4.9.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4fa27d7c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00003401
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

ma_t14

Have you tried re-installing? Maybe some file is corrupted

T. Henry Michta

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Please provide the link and I will try.

A link to what? Uninstall MB and delete the files/folders left over in /Program Files etc and re-install it from scratch from the downloads page up the top. See if that rectifies your problem
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

jeanpichette

MusicBee crashes for me as well for me every time I try to close it, it hangs.  I try to change a tag, then do a CTRL+R (Folder send), it hangs.
It is trying to do something as the CPU is at 2% for the MusicBee (32 Bit) process.
Not sure what to do.
I have a big collection as well and I re-organised today.  Now, it doesn't work anymore.  No error code to give you.
If I re-install it, I don't want to lose my preferences nor my "programation" for the templates.
Should I re-install or remove and then re-install and which folders need to be copied?  I could also just leave work....
I don't use the Library.
Thanks for your help,
Jean Pichette

Pingaware

Hi Jean. Let's see if we can get through the problems before re-installing.

First thing - are you on the latest patch? If not, update and then try MB to see if anything's changed.

Second thing - do you have any plugins active? If so, make sure they're updated to the latest versions by going to their respective topics. Advanced Tagging Tools for example was relatively recently updated to stop some instances where MB was hanging. When they're all up to date, try disabling them all, then trying them one at a time to see if it's one of those causing the problem.

Third thing - how did you do the re-organisation of your files? Assuming you did it from within MB, that shouldn't have caused a problem, but if you didn't, something may not be properly set up any more.

Fourth thing - backing up is covered here. Tells you everything you should make copies of.

And what did you mean by "I don't use the library"? There's no way to use MB without having a library set up.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.