Author Topic: EventGhost (remote control and event listener)  (Read 63399 times)

Pako

I think that not everyone wants to use Android as a remote control.
Therefore, I created a new plugin. During the development I used the Snarl plugin by Toke.

Now you can use the program EventGhost as a remote control.
But it also allows you to do much, much more.
I suppose, I will add or improve some action based on user requirements.
If you you're interested, you can download the plugin here.

Pako

Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:04:50 PM by Pako

Steven

• Administrator
looks good - so from the documentation on your web site it looks like it supports many different remote devices.
Do you know if its possible to set up iPhones and Windows Phone 8 devices to use this?

Pako

Yes, for iPhone there's an app EventPhone.
However, for Windows Phone 8 devices there is probably nothing yet.

Pako

Pako

Plugin updated (version 0.0.2).
Set repeat mode to "One" removed from options (MusicBee API lack).

Pako

laluprasad

After installing EG plugin, musicbee crashes on launch.  The crash is immediate and there is no workaround.  I was hoping to use musicbee w/ EG as alternative to mediamonkey, but I wont be able to move to musicbee if I can't use EG as its causing crash.  Please provide the fix.  Windows log shows following msg:
Application: MusicBee.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 50A371D8 (50890000) with exit code 80131506.

further more:
Faulting application name: MusicBee.exe, version: 2.0.4663.29086, time stamp: 0x5071a9d2
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.17929, time stamp: 0x4ffa5753
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001a71d8
Faulting process id: 0x11c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce68842f8b34cb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 6ef404c6-d477-11e2-9afd-90b11c649743

I have tried reinstalling .net framework,rebooting, reinstalling musicbee, reinstalling eg plugin, eg app but nothing helped.  To me it seems like some bug in the code.  I will really appreciate if you can fix this.  Please excuse any typo in my post.

laluprasad

BTW, if I remove plugin file mb_EgPlugin.dll  it works but then the plugin is not there but I want to use this plugin wiht musicbee.  Thanks again.

laluprasad

Hey Pako,

I managed to get musicbee working with eg plugin.  I just installed latest beta 2.1 and plugin works fine.  I want to make few requests for the plugin. 

1) allow now playing track to be added to custom playlist
2) allow now playing track to skip by 5 sec , 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec etc..

I really appreciate your time.

thanks,
Lalu

VX

Could you download the latest patch and update MusicBee to the latest version available (currently MB 2.1.4912)  ???
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Just unzip and copy the files into MusicBee folder overwriting older ones.

Then start using the plugin and after some time go to MusicBee menu/Help/Support/View Error log.

If there were some entries starting with 'MusicBee v2.1.xxxx .......' then could you copy these and post on the forum  ???
It would help both Steven and the plugin developer to fix errors and make MusicBee better. Thanks  :)

Pako

I am very pleased about your interest in this plugin.
Otherwise it looks (because here are almost no reaction), that plugin is either complete shit or that it is completely perfect. ;)

You've probably overlooked a warning that you must use MB version 2.1.4181 or later.
But this problem have you solved it.

Quote from: laluprasad
1) allow now playing track to be added to custom playlist
I'm not sure, if there is any suitable method in MusicBee API for creating such action.
In addition, I do not know how you imagine it. What you mean by "custom playlist"?
How will it be decided to which playlist to be added to the track?
Can you please clarify this?

Quote from: laluprasad
2) allow now playing track to skip by 5 sec , 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec etc..
Yes, I can add an action that will perform such work. However, it is very easy to do it already.
Here is an example of how to skip 10 seconds:

Pako

Pako

Here you can see that I've got probably sclerosis.  :(
Seek action is already included in the plugin !
Here you can see an example of how to set the skip 10 seconds:

Pako

boroda

I am very pleased about your interest in this plugin.
Otherwise it looks (because here are almost no reaction), that plugin is either complete shit or that it is completely perfect. ;)
Don't see at number of posts, see the number of downloads :)

Pako

Quote from: boroda74
Don't see at number of posts, see the number of downloads :)
Unfortunately, this is not entirely true.
At this moment there I see a total of 26 download (for a period of about one and a half months).
It looks more like a weak interest.
Fortunately, it does not say anything about the quality.
On the other hand information about the satisfaction I can get only from some feedback.
In any case, I thank you for trying to comfort me.  :)

Pako

Steven

• Administrator
@pako,
its simply the case that MB is not that well known and doesnt have a large user base. The small number of downloads your plugin has reflects that. Some of the last.fm plugins that i did which have been around much longer and i thought people would want to use only have a few hundred downloads

boroda

Unfortunately, this is not entirely true.
At this moment there I see a total of 26 download (for a period of about one and a half months).
It looks more like a weak interest.
My statistics:
1. 'Now Playing' to text file plugin - 39 download only since 2013-04-06
2. Social Networks Status plugin - 81 downloads since 2013-03-10
3. Additional Tagging Tools plugin (most successful) - 167 downloads since 2013-05-16

Usually little number of posts speaks about that users satisfied with current stability and functionality.

laluprasad

Thanks Pako for your prompt reply.  I been using mediamonkey for long time and I exclusively use it because I am able to send events using EG and accomplish the action I desire without even looking at its UI.  This makes is very easy when I have bunch of songs I am listening to and I can add a song I like to specific playlist I created.  It has been served me well.  However, now I want to move to musicbee.  If we can get the Musicbee plugin for EG to be solid like Media monkey's plugin I guess there might be lot of users willing to user interested in musicbee.

About the playlist action here is what I have setup with EG + Mediamoneky and I want exact same thing to have it in EG + MuiscBee.

What this accomplish for me is when I like current playing 1990s song, I can simply click the "90s" button and that will automatically add the song to '90s' playlist that I have already created.  Similarly, if a song I like is a pop genre, I can simply click 'pop' button on remote UI and it will send/add the song to 'pop' playlist which I have already created.  Also, if the song already exists in playlist then it will NOT add (There is a option in mediamonkey to allow to add already existing song to playlist or not.  I have unselected that so that playlist wont have duplicates)  Does this make sense?  Let me know if you need more info.  I will able to gladly provide it.  Thanks for your time.