Author Topic: Scamelon  (Read 30249 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I've been having a heck of a time keeping a backup.  I'll do better.

Nice splash screen!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Notepad++ has been a huge help, too, thanks!

I finally managed to get a bit of a system down and find some time to look at this.  After messing with it for a few hours, I have much greater appreciation of your talents, Bee-liever.  It's a lot of work!

A couple of questions:

In general, does the order the elements are listed in the file matter?  It seems like after I rearranged a couple of things to try to make sense of what pieces go together, some things broke.

And one specific question, which for all I know may be related to the first.  I've almost got something cool going on here, but how do I get rid of that lingering pale blue line?  I can't figure out what's controlling it.

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

In general, does the order the elements are listed in the file matter?  It seems like after I rearranged a couple of things to try to make sense of what pieces go together, some things broke.

Yes, it matters. Sometimes I spend hours looking for what went wrong and finally find out the order of elements wasn't right.

And one specific question, which for all I know may be related to the first.  I've almost got something cool going on here, but how do I get rid of that lingering pale blue line?  I can't figure out what's controlling it.

Which one? Would you mark it with different color?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Good to know, thanks.  I can get the order sorted out with the dummy skin, I figure.

I'm talking about the line that's keeping the tab from blending with the toolbar.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Probably that's bdr value of Panel.Body.Default element.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That got it, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm stumped again.  How do I change the highlight color for the Refresh and Configure Layout buttons in the toolbar?  I can get the custom buttons the color I want, just not the built-in ones.  I have Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Hightlight set, but that's not doing it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
How do I change the highlight color for the Refresh and Configure Layout buttons in the toolbar?
I have Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Hightlight set, but that's not doing it.

I don't think it's currently possible.  If I remember correctly, Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Hightlight bg="" was proposed for this but hasn't been implemented yet.

NB. I can't find that thread, but I do recall it was this comment by Steven that triggered the discussion.
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:39:08 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

SimonBRT

How do I change the highlight color for the Refresh and Configure Layout buttons in the toolbar?
I have Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Hightlight set, but that's not doing it.

I don't think it's currently possible.  If I remember correctly, Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Hightlight bg="" was proposed for this but hasn't been implemented yet.

NB. I can't find that thread, but I do recall it was this comment by Steven that triggered the discussion.

Funnily enough I have been struggling with the same thing for a skin mod i'm working on.  good to know, thanks Bee-liever!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Zokay, I'm stumped again.  How do I fill in the line between the "LibraryExplorer" header and the bar showing the categories?

Also, is it possible to skin that bar separately from the Playing Track panel, or are they always linked?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

How do I fill in the line between the "LibraryExplorer" header and the bar showing the categories?

You can't. That's bg color of left navigator.

Also, is it possible to skin that bar separately from the Playing Track panel, or are they always linked?

I don't think there are overrides for that. For overrides, look at this thread:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2499.0

jistme

Zokay, I'm stumped again.  How do I fill in the line between the "LibraryExplorer" header and the bar showing the categories?

There are two lines, these determine them:

<element id="Panel.Body.Default" bg="255,0,0" fg="15,15,0" bdr="216,216,216" />
<element id="Panel.TabSelector.Default" bg="0,255,0" fg="75,75,75" bdr="0,0,255" />

As you can see used 1x red, 1x blue, 1x green for this example. This shows there is quite some 'sharing' going on:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks.  It's the red lines just above and below the green that I want to get rid of, so I guess I'm screwed.  :)
Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:42:09 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'll ask here before submitting another request.  Is there any way to override this line under the tabs, which seems to be tied to bg on TabsBar.Tab.Highlight?  (Also, the similar line in Track Details tabs.)

I thought that's what TabsBar.JoinLine referred to, but I guess not. (Oh, it's directly above TabsBar.JoinLine.)

And what does TabsBar.DropCursor do, anyway?
Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:38:36 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing