Author Topic: Context menu without associating the file type  (Read 2511 times)

christhawk

???  Can it be done?  I must keep mp3 files associated with another program because I work from home and require that specialized program, but I would love to have the context menu option without screwing up that association, since for my music collection I only use MusicBee.

9cupsoftea

I would assume that enabling it in context menus, but making sure no file types are selected in the box below is how you could accomplish that.

christhawk

Tried that.  It automatically switched my mp3 file association.  Not sure if it would have affected any other sound files, since the only other two formats I use (.wav and .flac) are already associated with MusicBee. 

1011001ALEX

Have you tried using your other application, or explorer itself (Open with...), to re-associate the mp3's? If the box in MusicBee is still checked, the context menu should still be there I would think.

christhawk

Tried that.  When I reassociated the files, the context menu disappeared; as soon as I reenabled the context menu, the file association changed.  The behavior you'd think would work seems not to.