Author Topic: [Plugin] EventGhost  (Read 13053 times)

Pako

Hello.
I'm new here.
First, I must apologize for my English.
I went to school many years ago, when we learned the Russian language.
Today I'm not able to learn a foreign language well.
I created a new plugin - EventGhost.
It allows you to remotely control MusicBee.

I'm using MB 2.1.4859 and API revision 29. But I have several problems:
1. Events like PlayerRepeatChanged or PlayerShuffleChanged not functioning properly.
    It only works if I change a property using the API. But when I change a property by clicking on the symbol, no event is triggered.
2. When I do (using the API) set the Repeat mode to "One", then the value is set to "All".

I have other questions too, but I think that's enough for now.
Pako

Maleko12

Hello! Welcome to MB. There's a project like this happening (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7221.0), perhaps you two could collaborate.

Pako

Hello! Welcome to MB. There's a project like this happening (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7221.0), perhaps you two could collaborate.
Thank you for the welcome.
Yes, I know about the existence of this plugin.
However, I think that  there are not many things to share.
Because it is a completely different system (Android remote communicates via http, while my plugin communicates through windows messages).
But my plugin is of course open source, so anyone can use anything.

Pako

Steven

• Administrator
1. Events like PlayerRepeatChanged or PlayerShuffleChanged not functioning properly.
    It only works if I change a property using the API. But when I change a property by clicking on the symbol, no event is triggered.
2. When I do (using the API) set the Repeat mode to "One", then the value is set to "All".
1. is fixed for the next 2.1 update
2. i know about this but because other plugins already have adapted to this behavior i dont want to change it

Pako

1. is fixed for the next 2.1 update
2. i know about this but because other plugins already have adapted to this behavior i dont want to change it
2. Oh, so you want to maintain backward compatibility. That is understandable. But I think there is a simple solution. You can create one new method (such as Player_SetRepeat2) that will work correctly. Or are you completely resigned to the possibility of a properly functioning remote control? Or there already exists some other way (using API) to set the repeat mode to "One"?

Point number one it can be considered closed. So I can add one other bug:
3. If I (using API) to turn on or off mute, it works. But the icon, that shows the mute status, will not change !

Pako

Steven

• Administrator
3. If I (using API) to turn on or off mute, it works. But the icon, that shows the mute status, will not change !
thats fixed for the next 2.1 update (not the current one)

Pako

At the beginning of this topic I forgot to write that MusicBee is amazing application.
I previously had favored MediaMonkey, but the direction is moving its development, I do not like.
So now I favor MusicBee!

But now back to "work":
1. closed
2. I beg you for a comment
3. closed
4. Another problem I have with AutoDj:
Perhaps this is the intention, but I think it is not correct:
Using the API - I can AutoDj turn it on, but I can not turn it off.
Using the button Shuffle (off/on/auto-dj) - I can AutoDj turn it off, but I can not turn it on.

Pako

Pako

@ Steven
It seems, that you have not read my previous post.
I will therefore again recapitulate:
1. I confirm, that this bug is fixed in version 2.1.4873
2. Please comment. I can not accept the fact that it does not work properly.  :(
3. I confirm, that this bug is fixed in version 2.1.4873
4. Still the same situation in version 2.1.4873. It is the intention or a bug?

Thanks, Pako

Steven

• Administrator
for 2 i have already commented and gave the reason why
for 4, use Player_EndAutoDj to turn off the auto-dj
however i agree its a bug that changing the shuffle setting is not stopping the auto-dj so i will fix that for the next 2.1 update

edit:
it seems the Player_EndAutoDj() function is just stopping the player rather than turning off the dj
this has fixes for the auto-dj
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:54:39 AM by Steven

Pako

Quote from: Steven
it seems the Player_EndAutoDj() function is just stopping the player rather than turning off the dj
this has fixes for the auto-dj
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Thank you, I'll try it.

I'm very sorry and ask You for your patience with me.
I promise, that if you answer all of my questions, I end with this point (and in the worst cases I come to terms with it).
Quote from: Steven
i know about this but because other plugins already have adapted to this behavior i dont want to change it
1. My understanding is, that change of the Player_SetRepeat() function behavior is not possible for backward compatibility. Is that correct? If not, why?
2. If so, it also means that "using the API will never possible to set Repeat mode to One"?
3. If so, why we can not use any other (new) function, which would not affect the work of other plugins?
4. Or any other option (which I do not know) already exists?

Again, I apologize for my impertinence. After all, I'm just trying to help you do MusicBee perfect.

Pako

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not willing to change the API for this - please consider the discussion closed

Pako

1. closed
2. closed
3. closed
4. opened:
Unfortunately, neither patched version does not work quite right.
If I use the function Player_EndAutoDj (that of course I used from the very beginning),
I now get the Auto-DJ has been stopped message. It looks correct.
But when I am at this moment I use the function Player_GetAutoDjEnabled, I get unexpected answer True !
In addition, the button Shuffle (off/on/auto-dj) will not change.
5. Another bug: If I use the API function Player_QueueRandomTracks, the command is executed properly.
However in MusicBee GUI that is not visible. No reaction. Only when I click on some track in Now Playing, selected tracks are marked.

Pako

Steven

• Administrator
4 & 5 should be fixed now and will be in the next 2.1 update

Steven

• Administrator