Author Topic: Managing and rotating multiple artist pictures  (Read 10614 times)

redwing

I wonder if it's possible to support rotating multiple artist pictures as sort of custom gallery. Looks like Steven had spent great effort to make MB retrieve the right one for artist picture, but it's a little wasted since currently it's not possible to re-do it to retrieve different pictures. Sure, I can google pictures, but I noticed that TM gallery shows lots of nice artist pictures that are not readily available by google image search. Hence here is my proposal:

1. Add right-click menu items for artist picture as follows:
"Retrieve another picture" "Save to Artist Picture folder" "Enable Rotate Artist Pictures"

2. When saving artist picture files, MB auto-numbers them for the same artist so that they will rotate in the order they were added.

3. If the user has copied a custom image, "Save to Artist Picture folder" saves the cache as another picture for the same artist.

4. This functionality can be enabled in compact player, artist picture pane in left panel, and TM.

HHM

tompeto

+1 to the possibility of having a custom gallery for artists and enable rotation.
It would be nice to have also a way to append the year to different  formations and styles of the same artist(s), in a way that it would be possible to save pictures in a folder, like this example:
        \MusicBee\ArtistPictures\Metallica_1983_1.jpg
        \MusicBee\ArtistPictures\Metallica_1986_1.jpg
        \MusicBee\ArtistPictures\Metallica_1986_2.jpg
        \MusicBee\ArtistPictures\Metallica_1986_3.jpg
        \MusicBee\ArtistPictures\Metallica_1991_1.jpg

\MusicBee\ArtistPictures\<Artist>_<Year>_<number of photo>.jpg

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
+1
along the same lines as what I requested back here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8125.0
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

outlawza

+1

This would be awesome, currently looking at a boy band from the 80's called Exile instead of one of my favourite Hip Hop producers haha!

Props for adding features like this though Steven.  ;D

redwing

Most of this wish was already implemented into the latest 2.1 patch:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Unzip and overwrite everything to MB program folder.

outlawza

Thanks for that Redwing,

OK, I updated to that build (though I think I had 2.1 before), but the artist photo still can't be altered (I only get "hide artist photo" upon right-clicking). I had the scrolling gallery before as well - it's super cool, but also seemingly exclusively autonomous.

Update glitch, or is this the current state of the artist/artist gallery panel?

redwing

Thanks for that Redwing,

OK, I updated to that build (though I think I had 2.1 before), but the artist photo still can't be altered (I only get "hide artist photo" upon right-clicking). I had the scrolling gallery before as well - it's super cool, but also seemingly exclusively autonomous.

Update glitch, or is this the current state of the artist/artist gallery panel?

The functions are quite limited with that panel. But with new compact player and playing track panel (tab or bottom pane), you can use most features by right-click or configuring settings (compact player only for rotation).

Xyzzy

Maybe a possiblity to define a path to artist image, in the same way as it can be defined for display as an album cover?

Steven

• Administrator
MB supports multiple artist pictures in the 2.1 beta. Just make sure each picture filename starts with the artist name. The file with the exact match to the artist name will be used as the primary picture