Author Topic: Music Player Deamon (MPD) / mopidy Support and sync ratings with goneMAD  (Read 4529 times)

lemongrass

I want to describe you my dream music configuration!!!

I have a RaspberryPi it's connected with a harddrive and an external DAC. The external DAC is connected to my HiFi-system in the living room. On the Raspberry Pi I'm running Mopidy, so I'm able to control the Hifi-system with every device. I can create and play playlists from every device. It's also possible to stream music. It would be so great to share playlists with Musicbee, too. Or to genarate playlists with musicbee for all devices.

On the RaspberryPi the whole music library is stored as lossless flac files. When I'm not at home I carry the current most important music  inside my notebook, but not the whole library. Before I converted my music to a lossy file format (e.g. 256 vbr) to save space and not needed quality.

But most of the time I listen to music with my mobile phone, therefore I use goneMAD which feels really like Musicbee on Android.
I  fill my mobile phone with music from my notebook and convert the music in lossy format with a lower bitrate.

But in this dream setup is a big problem, how to sync ratings? (Play counts would also be great!)

The most important for me would be at the moment to be able to sync ratings between goneMAD and musicbee, because the mobile phone is always around me so I'm every time able to rate my music.

Is there somebody out who has similar set up?
I think, with sync ratings and playcounts over all devices it would be so awsome!!!!
So I'm very open for suggestions workarounds to solve my problem.

By the way, Musicbee is the most awsome music-player/organizer ever. I'm a huge Linux fan, and Musicbee is the only reason why I have a virtual machine with Windows running on my Computer! And that means a lot!

So thank you for this great great program!

Sorry, that my English isn't perfect!

lemongrass

so_la_la

I have my Files not on an external HD but on a NAS.
At home the NAS is W-lanned to a raspberry pi and lanned to my PC where I run Musicbee.
The RPI is connected to an amplifier with the hifiberry DAC.
I have the same folder specified for playlists on my RPI device (that works through LMS on the NAS and PicorePlayer on the RPI. So all MB playlist are playable on the RPI.
Works alright the only problem is that my NAS is a bit too lame for the rather heavy LMS, which requires I think 512mb RAM.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage