Author Topic: New Compact Player Layout  (Read 404043 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The patch 2.1.4818 looks really great! Thanks  :)

BTW. The bugs mentioned in reply no. 75 haven't been fixed still.
1) should be fixed so could you reconfirm that?
2) i probably wont address

Steven

• Administrator
Minor observation:
Since I think the word 'classic' assumes being consistent with accustomed looks/behavior, I'd like it if classic compact player had the classic volume control. Not the new fancy one.
you dont like the name or think it should show the volume bar all the time? If its the name, i'm open to suggestions

mikebo

About that volume control, here are my suggestions:
- Drop the arrow
- Make the icon reflect the volume level
- Show the volume slider on mouse over

VX

The patch 2.1.4818 looks really great! Thanks  :)

BTW. The bugs mentioned in reply no. 75 haven't been fixed still.
1) should be fixed so could you reconfirm that?
2) i probably wont address

The first bug seems fixed in most cases, but when the Artwork is not embedded and you right click to SAVE PICTURE after it's found automatically then the bug still exists.  :-[
The Artwork window appears below the main MB window as it was described in reply no. 75. Can you reproduce it ???

BTW. I like the 'Classic' name for the old compact player layout  :)

jistme

Minor observation:
Since I think the word 'classic' assumes being consistent with accustomed looks/behavior, I'd like it if classic compact player had the classic volume control. Not the new fancy one.
you dont like the name or think it should show the volume bar all the time? If its the name, i'm open to suggestions

'Classic' is good. My point is just that if a 'classic' mode is chosen, I would assume it is absent of less necessary eye-candy, or new or changed behavior from what one would be used to. This is probably a very minor case, but such details and consistencies are some factors for why I appreciate MusicBee.

ma_t14

I love the new wavebar that can be used to replace the conventional seekbar. My only wish is that the subtle background for the not yet played section that is found in the main player is also transfered to the compact player. It makes seeking much easier. I believe not having the background somewhat defeats the purpose of having a wave bar

Main:

Compact:

Steven

• Administrator
I love the new wavebar that can be used to replace the conventional seekbar. My only wish is that the subtle background for the not yet played section that is found in the main player is also transfered to the compact player. It makes seeking much easier. I believe not having the background somewhat defeats the purpose of having a wave bar
you think the unplayed colour should blend in more with the player panel?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
I was wondering that if the dominant colour for the 'chameleon' blending algorithm came from the album artwork rather than the artist picture. And it was applied to the whole panel, not just the info section, it would overcome the need to clip the artwork artist pic. It could just be scaled, centered and aligned to the top (with a small offset)

This is only a quick mock-up, and I haven't done the wavebar or spectro.
Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:05:23 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

ma_t14

you think the unplayed colour should blend in more with the player panel?

??? Now im really puzzled... On my main screen the background is not visible at all! Just checked on another screen and its there alright.

Well, I'm not home right now but it seems i need to tweak around with my screen colour options because definitely something is wrong

Steven

• Administrator
the wavebar is drawn directly onto the player panel - i think it would look really bad if it was surrounded by a box with a different colour

Bee-liever

the wavebar is drawn directly onto the player panel - i think it would look really bad if it was surrounded by a box with a different colour

only a quick mock-up, and I haven't done the wavebar or spectro.

ummmmm......the wave bar is exactly how it currently appears (version:2.1.4818) when using my 'Faded' skin. It would seem the background colour from the skin element
<element id="Player.Wavebar" bg="18,19,12" fg="193,188,150" fg2="184,174,71" />
doesn't get changed like the foreground colours do.

maybe leaving the foreground override colours unchanged and matching the background colour would be a better way to go?

ma_t14

I'm not saying otherwise. As I said the problem was with my monitor configuration, for some reason contrast was set to the max.. Now everything is fine. Sorry for the confusion

lnminente

About that volume control, here are my suggestions:
- Drop the arrow
- Make the icon reflect the volume level
- Show the volume slider on mouse over
+1 That's how the volume button in Youtube player works, very confortable

BTW there is a rare behavior, if you click out of the slider for hiding it, but the click is done down the slider it changes the volume instead of hiding it

Bee-liever

here is another mock-up using Album Art colour on MB's default skin.
note on this one I have done the spectro but again, have not touched the wavebar

for comparison - the current view

Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:38:57 AM by Bee-liever

redwing

A few suggestions:

1. Please add a right-click menu item of "Paste Artist Picture" that will overwrite the corresponding dat file in ArtistCache folder with a copied picture. This will also help to address not-properly-clipped pictures by manually replacing it.

2. Ability to move artwork to the right side by dragging it, just as another (right-aligned) layout option.

3. Option to choose the blending color either from artist picture or from artwork (as with Bee-liever's wish).