Author Topic: New Compact Player Layout  (Read 403951 times)

SimonBRT

@klint  - not at home so can't check, but isn't there an option to minimise to system tray in preferences that should work?

klint

@simonBRT
Yes there is, but the idea I forgot to mention (my bad!) was to set this parameter to "switch to Compact Player on minimize" there, so that one can easily switch between Normal Player and Compact one without using the menu.
And with the parameter set like this, minimizing the Compact Player not not minimize to Systray anymore :)

SimonBRT

the same drop-down menu has the option to minimise to compact player already.  I suspect I am missing your point here a little.  Are you suggesting that 'minimise to' can be set separately depending on whether the main player or the compact player is active?

klint

@SimonBRT
Maybe I can explain what I would like to obtain :)
- minimizing the Full Player should display the Compact Player
- minimizing the Compact Player should minimize to Systray (to keep the task bar clean)
That's all.
Unfortunately, using the "Minimize to" setting allows to do either of these 2 things, depending on the value, but not BOTH.
Maybe a new option could help, like "Minimize to Compact Player, then Systray"?
Cheers

SimonBRT

I can see your logic.  as you've already created a wishlist request we can close the discussion here.  :)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
i have changed it to adjust the left or right orientation according to whether anything is displayed in the right panel.

Thank you for this Steven.
Is it possible to have the blending that is on the LH side of the image when it is right-aligned, be used on the RH side of the image when it's left-aligned?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Is it possible to have the blending that is on the LH side of the image when it is right-aligned, be used on the RH side of the image when it's left-aligned?
can you post a screenshot where its not doing that as it should already be the case if there is a gap (i suggest you use the latest version in case something has already been changed)
Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:14:40 PM by Steven

endeavour1934

I don't know, Maybe the gradient on left side of the image (when it's right-aligned) needs to be even wider. Now it works very good with some images, but with others it's still a bit odd.  Adding more gradient may be bad for the images that now look good, but good for the ones that look bad. I think it needs more testing and more opinions from other users.

About the change in alignment when you press the right panel button...
Quote from: Endeavour1934
The change in alignment is not a problem as long as it's not inmediate when you press the button to open/close the panel – just change it on the next image (on previous versions it worked this way)
I still think this should be considered. Of course that would cause a problem: if the rotation is paused, the alignment would never change. More users should give their opinion, but if Steven is tired of working on this, an alternative to all the problems would be aligning always to the left.

BTW Steven, please fix the vertical margin between the controls and the album cover (on small and medium cover sizes) to be the same as the left margin.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
can you post a screenshot where its not doing that as it should already be the case if there is a gap (i suggest you use the latest version in case something has already been changed)

I worked out what is happening.  I use the Sizer app (introduced by Greb before fixed TM's were possible) to keep the compact player in the same 16:10 ratio as my screen.

If a narrow image is displayed, whose RH side ends close to the center of the panel, very little to no blending is applied to that RH edge.  If I resize the player to a 4:3 ratio, so that the RH side of the image is closer to the RH side of the panel, more noticeable blending is seen.

I am assuming this is the nature of the blending used and is designed to be the best all-round solution for the majority of cases.  I can live with that.  :)   It would also explain endeavour1934's observation that it works better with some images more than others

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

@redwing, i have incorportated endeavour1934's suggestion for the shuffle/ repeat buttons. If you still have problems with the menu refusing to popup then let me know, but i will need step-by-step instructions

Just checked out the latest version and saw it's working great. No popup bug anymore, and the buttons under control button are very convenient. Thanks!

Anti

[moved to bug reports]
Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:42:50 PM by Anti

Steven

• Administrator
BTW Steven, please fix the vertical margin between the controls and the album cover (on small and medium cover sizes) to be the same as the left margin.
can you use the latest version as there have already been a number of small tweaks.
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

if you think its still wrong, can you post a screenshot

About the change in alignment when you press the right panel button...
Quote from: Endeavour1934
The change in alignment is not a problem as long as it's not inmediate when you press the button to open/close the panel – just change it on the next image (on previous versions it worked this way)
I still think this should be considered. Of course that would cause a problem: if the rotation is paused, the alignment would never change. More users should give their opinion, but if Steven is tired of working on this, an alternative to all the problems would be aligning always to the left.
I am inclined to leave it as-is, but will see if there are any more comments when its been posted on the beta update topic

redwing

Now Playing Assistant button is located at the rightmost, but the panel opens up on the left. Besides, I never liked the panel covers half of the screen hiding track info. How about making the Now Playing Assistant panel appear over the right panel upon clicking on the button, given that the assistant panel is used temporarily?

BTW, if the right panel can no longer be auto-opened, I think, Now Playing Assistant should follow that for consistency.

mrad

Steven

• Administrator
Now Playing Assistant button is located at the rightmost, but the panel opens up on the left. Besides, I never liked the panel covers half of the screen hiding track info. How about making the Now Playing Assistant panel appear over the right panel upon clicking on the button, given that the assistant panel is used temporarily?

BTW, if the right panel can no longer be auto-opened, I think, Now Playing Assistant should follow that for consistency.
please check the posts from the last week and you will see what is going on.
The search button will soon open in the player panel, something like this mockup: