Author Topic: Logitech SetPoint players.ini cfg for MusicBee  (Read 31079 times)

andrea.ippo

I've fallen victim (as a lot of people out there) of Logitech's SetPoint weird support of media players concerning alternative media players.
In fact, after updating to the last version of SetPoint, I am no more able to send play/pause, next, prev commands to MusicBee unless MB's window has focus, whereas before updating SetPoint I could control MB even when it was in background.
Needless to say, I tried reverting to the previous version of SetPoint, but it didn't help.

So, after spending an afternoon googling a solution (and convincing myself I'll never buy Logitech HW ever again), I'm asking for help hoping that someone has had the same problem and found a solution.
I understand that alternative media players can be configured in the players.ini cfg file in SetPoint's installation folder, but I couldn't find a working configuration.

Just as an example, this is the cfg for WMP9, and according to some other forums' users, you can control additional media player running in background by adding the right string:
#List of supported players
#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCaption,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remove_flags,ShowOSD,menu_item
#special char --> ^ ctrl;+ shift+ctrl; $ ctrl (no translation); * alt (no translation); @ ctrl+alt (no tanslation); & (no translation)
MSMedia9=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMPlayerApp,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 9

Any help is appreciated.

mikebo

Do the media keys work as supposed to when you disable SetPoint?

andrea.ippo

Actually it's for a mouse (M705), I forgot to mention it.
If I kill the setpoint process, the extra mouse buttons don't do nothing at all, even if MB has focus, so setpoint has to be running for sure.
By the way, until a few days ago it was working, just before the version update (a rollback didn't help though).

:-[

mikebo

What buttons on the mouse do you use to send the play/pause etc commands?

andrea.ippo

I use the one under the thumb to send P/P, and the two on the side for previous/next. The scroll wheel movement to the left/right is set to navigate back/forward, I use it mainly for the browser and explorer, almost no use for MB (at least for how I use it).

EDIT: SOLVED! I just went back to version 6.32 found here: http://www.oldapps.com/setpoint.php
Now the buttons are finally global again in MB!

mikebo

I don't know if this will help you but have a look at this http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm
It's like a meaner and leaner alternative to setpoint. It does however rely on windows hid driver and afaik won't support thumb button on m705.

Or use a keyboard shortcut instead. I find it surprising that you have decided to dedicate some mouse buttons for playback control. I find it much more useful to use the scroll wheel left/right to switch tabs in the browser. But I guess it's a matter of preference.

EDIT: glad you solved your problem. Nevertheless i recommend you give XMBC a try. Take a look at some of the presets to give you an idea what you can achieve with it.
Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:49:06 PM by mikebo

andrea.ippo

Thanks, I'm going to try it right now!
Do you know if I could achieve something like right click + scroll wheel up/down to change the volume?

mikebo

No, that's not possible.
You however can make scrolling on notification area change the volume, which is imo even better. Download these rules and add them to xbmc. They will make scrolling adjust volume and mute on middle click.
If you want you can set middle click to play/pause MB and forward/back buttons to change tracks.

It's pretty awesome i know :)

EDIT: You may want to disable aero peek when using above tweaks. To do that simply right-click the 'Show desktop' button and uncheck 'Peek at desktop'
Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:57:16 PM by mikebo

polyester

Thank you for the tip.  This rollback of the mouse driver solved all my problems.  I was getting ready to ditch musicbee as my main music player but this remedy changed my mind. :D

Haggis70

This is an old thread, but I found adding the following line to the [Players] section of Players.ini allows the multimedia keys to work properly for MusicBee, even when not focused, when using the latest SetPoint drivers. Restart SetPoint after making this change.

MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

You'll need the default multimedia hotkeys defined in MusicBee as global keys.

My config:
SetPoint 6.61.15
MusicBee 2.4.5233
Keyboard: Logitech Wave Corded

mozartjune

MasterP

Nice, that did help here too. Tank you!
I wonder why this is now neccessary in Setpoint.  ???

Carsten

This is an old thread, but I found adding the following line to the [Players] section of Players.ini allows the multimedia keys to work properly for MusicBee, even when not focused, when using the latest SetPoint drivers. Restart SetPoint after making this change.

MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

You'll need the default multimedia hotkeys defined in MusicBee as global keys.

My config:
SetPoint 6.61.15
MusicBee 2.4.5233
Keyboard: Logitech Wave Corded

works perfect, thank you

BruceBanner

I updated to the latest version of Setpoint, tried adding the line;

"MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee"

to the last players.ini cfg file (I had to actually copy the players.ini file to my desktop, add the line, save it - running as administrator - and then copy it back and overwrite as editing within the Setpoint folder wasn't allowing the save, anyway i double and triple checked and the changes to the file are now there in the Setpoint folder, but I digress....). I added the line above as a new entry in the list/file, was this correct? Below is my c/p of the file;

#List of supported players
#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCaption,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remove_flags,ShowOSD,menu_item
#special char --> ^ ctrl;+ shift+ctrl; $ ctrl (no translation); * alt (no translation); @ ctrl+alt (no tanslation); & (no translation)
[Players]
MusicMatch7=wac,MMJB.EXE,MMJB:MAINWND,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,MusicMatch
MusicMatch=cmd,MMJB.EXE,xxx,MusicMatch Jukebox 4,xxx,0x101F4,0x18059,0x101F5,0x101F6,0x101F7,0,1,MusicMatch
MDesktop=wac,MDesktop.exe,MediaDesktopClass,Media Desktop,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Media Desktop
PowerDVD=key,PowerDVD.exe,xxx,CyberLink PowerDVD,xxx,0x0d,0x20,S,P,N,0,1,Power DVD
WinDVD=wac,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD4=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 4,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD5=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 5,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD6=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 6,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD7=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 7,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
iTunes_104=wac,iTunes.exe,ITWindow,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,iTunes
iTunes=wac,iTunes.exe,ITunes,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,iTunes
MSMedia9=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMPlayerApp,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 9
MSMedia7=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMP Skin Host,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 7
MediaCenter=wac,ehshell.exe,eHome Render Window,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Center
WinAmp3=key,studio.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3
WinAmp3d=key,winamp3.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3d
Rhapsody=key,Rhapsody.exe,xxx,Rhapsody,xxx,^P,^P,^S,^B,^F,0,1,Rhapsody
#YahooMusicEngine=key,YahooMusicEngine.exe,YMPFrame,xxx,xxx,^ ,^ ,^S,$0x25,$0x27,0,1,Yahoo! Music Jukebox
YahooMusicEngine=key,YahooMusicEngine.exe,YMPFrame,xxx,xxx,^ ,^ ,^S,$0x25,$0x27,0,1,Yahoo! Music Jukebox
RealOne=wac,realplay.exe,GeminiWindowClass,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,RealOne Player
WinAmp5=cmd,winamp.exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,40045,40046,40047,40044,40048,0,1,WinAmp 5
MediaLife=key,Medialife.exe,MediaLife Frame class,Logitech MediaLife,xxx, , ,S,P,N,0,1,MediaLife
MediaLife4=wac,Medialife.exe,MediaLife Koan GDI Class,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,MediaLife
PLAYDVD=key,PlayDVD.exe,PlayDVD Frame class,Play DVD,xxx, , ,S,P,N,0,1,PlayDVD
Nero=wac,NeroHome.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,NeroHome
Nero2=wac,ShowTime.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,ShowTime
Nero3=wac,Nero.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Nero
BaoFeng=key,storm.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx, , ,$0x53,&0x21,&0x22,0,1,Bao Feng
Koowoo=key,KwMusic.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,$0x74,$0x74,$0x75,?0x25,?0x27,0,1,Koowoo
TTing=key,tting.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,@0x4f,@0x4f,@0x4f,@0x25,@0x27,0,1,TTing
#Pctutu=key,PPStream.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx, , ,^S,^0x21,^0x22,0,1,Pctutu

[Players.Run]
MediaCenter=path,$WINDOWS\eHome
WinAmp3=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\Winamp3.File\DefaultIcon,,2
Rhapsody=reg,HKCR,rhap\DefaultIcon,,5
WinAmp5=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\Winamp.File\DefaultIcon,,2
YahooMusicEngine=reg,HKCR,TypeLib\{2C5EBFB1-9174-4FE8-88DB-D1F460A9E83B}\1.0\0\win32,,
Koowoo=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\kwfile_ksf\shell\open\command,,5

[Players.Display]
MediaCenter=Windows Media Center
RealOne=RealOne Player
WinDVD=WinDVD
WinDVD4=WinDVD4
WinDVD5=WinDVD5
WinDVD6=WinDVD6
WinDVD7=WinDVD7
MediaLife=MediaLife
PLAYDVD=PlayDVD

#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},start,end,repeat start,,Donot send Play appcommand at end of FastForward operation
[Players.Seek]
MusicMatch7=cmd,22861,xxx,1
MediaLife=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
MediaLife4=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
PowerDVD=wac,xxx,,0,1
MediaCenter=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
PLAYDVD=key,F,,0,1
iTunes_104=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
iTunes=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
WinDVD7=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD6=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD5=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD4=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinAmp5=cmd,40060,xxx,1,1
MSMedia9=wac,xxx,xxx,0,0
RealOne=key,^],,2,1

#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},start,end,repeat start,Donot send Play appcommand at end of rewind operation
[Players.Rewind]
PowerDVD=wac,xxx,,0,1
MusicMatch7=cmd,22860,xxx,1,0
MediaLife=wac,xxx,xxx,1,1
MediaLife4=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
MediaCenter=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
PLAYDVD=key,B,,0,1
iTunes_104=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
iTunes=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
WinDVD7=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD6=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD5=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD4=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinAmp5=cmd,40061,xxx,1,1
MSMedia9=wac,xxx,xxx,0,0
RealOne=key,^[,,2,1

#list of Burn UI players (available on Burn button)
[Players.BurnSupported]
MSMedia9=True
MusicMatch7=True
Nero3=True

#list of Record UI players (available on Record button)
[Players.RecordSupported]
MSMedia9=True
MusicMatch7=True
Nero3=True

#list of 10" UI players (available on remote button)
[Players.IsRemote]
MDesktop=Trues
MediaCenter=True
MediaLife=True
WinDVD=True
WinDVD4=True
WinDVD5=True
WinDVD6=True
WinDVD7=True
PowerDVD=True
PLAYDVD=True

-----