Author Topic: Now Playing Output. (Preferably to a .txt file)  (Read 4331 times)

NoirTheDragon

Now, I'm not hoping for integration with some IM service, or anything along those lines, as I'm sure that comes with it's own challenges. But just a simple output to a text file would be wonderful.

There are  plugins out there for things like Winamp and Foobar that do the same sort of thing, but as a whole, I prefer MusicBee. So, as a streamer (on Twitch.tv), a similar feature would be great, as I would not have to use something other than my primary player just to have my song info appear on screen for my viewers.

I know I saw a similar post about this in the past, but I can't seem to find it now. Either way, yes, this feature would be very handy to have for various reasons. ;D

- Noir

paq

If I understand your wish correctly, you want MB to append the currently playing song to a text file automatically? Or overwrite so it only shows the current one?

NoirTheDragon

If I understand your wish correctly, you want MB to append the currently playing song to a text file automatically? Or overwrite so it only shows the current one?

Overwriting would be ideal. That way it can be pulled into other software in the form of a "title", and be updated every time the song changes.

Pix

Uuhhh, such a simple basic way to do this, love it!  ;D
What software would you use to open the txt file when it changes to show it? ;)

greetings,
pix

NoirTheDragon

What software would you use to open the txt file when it changes to show it?

I use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) while streaming, though I know Xsplit has a similar feature. It allows for text to be grabbed directly from a text file, even one constantly being updated, to appear on screen in the form of a title. So this feature would allow for me to have a "Now Playing" thing set up on my stream using Musicbee as my only player. Cutting out the need for Foobar2k/Winamp, which I currently need to use to accomplish the same thing. ;D

I'm sure this feature would have other benefits as well, though that's the primary reason I'd like it, personally. :P