Author Topic: Right-click edit without a pop-out window  (Read 2781 times)

Methosan

I am missing, now with MB and previously with MMonkey, the ability to change the values of a single file or infinite number of selected files at once, with just a right click, without it opening a window.  If I right-click over genre of say 10 highlighted songs, I wish to be able to change that genre right there.  Now regardless of where I click edit, it opens the screen that is saved to the last view-tab, too; it doesn't even take me to the value position of the item I wish to edit, based on where along the screen (over which column) I clicked edit.

In short.. I wish to select a file or as many as I wish, right click over for example genre column, one of the lines/boxes becomes editable, I type in the new value, hit enter, and the same value propagates to all selected files' same column.  Windows media player 10 still allows for this (in XP).

Steven

• Administrator
although not what you are asking for, you can dock the tag editor in the main panel, select the files and update the tag in the tag editor

jamburglar

I am missing, now with MB and previously with MMonkey, the ability to change the values of a single file or infinite number of selected files at once, with just a right click, without it opening a window.  If I right-click over genre of say 10 highlighted songs, I wish to be able to change that genre right there.  Now regardless of where I click edit, it opens the screen that is saved to the last view-tab, too; it doesn't even take me to the value position of the item I wish to edit, based on where along the screen (over which column) I clicked edit.

In short.. I wish to select a file or as many as I wish, right click over for example genre column, one of the lines/boxes becomes editable, I type in the new value, hit enter, and the same value propagates to all selected files' same column.  Windows media player 10 still allows for this (in XP).

This would be pretty convenient, not gonna lie. +1 on the idea.

Perhaps it could work by selecting the tracks and hitting 'F2'? Not sure how it would determine what field to mass edit, though. I guess therein lies the problem. Any thoughts on how this might be implemented?