Author Topic: "Color text" for grouping header  (Read 5796 times)

redwing

Please add "color text" setting for grouping header, next to the current "set custom font" setting, in View Configuration pane.
Then users would be able to set different text colors for the grouping header on Track Details layout and (each of) left & right grouping headers on Album & Tracks layout (I know there's a skin element for header on Album & Tracks layout, but this layout setting would be much more convenient).
Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:53:11 PM by redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mikebo

-1 because imho these colors should be skin dependent. There are other skin colors users might want to change, so which colors should be put in the Preferences? I think none. No extra work. No more unnecessary crap in Preferences, which could loose some weight anyway.

Minimalism is hard but it's the way to go.

SimonBRT

-1 have to say i'm with mikebo on this one for the same reasons.

redwing

-1 because imho these colors should be skin dependent. There are other skin colors users might want to change, so which colors should be put in the Preferences? I think none. No extra work. No more unnecessary crap in Preferences, which could loose some weight anyway.

Minimalism is hard but it's the way to go.

Of course, I'm not suggesting all colors should be able to change by preferences settings. But there are some elements, I think, the user would like to override their skin-default colors: e.g. sound graph, spectrum visualizer, and font-adjustable text including grouping headers and player display. Yes, I can edit, if I want, the skin's xml file to my liking. But not all users will be able to do that, and no users other than their developer with xmlc skins. I don't know what other settings you consider "unnecessary crap," but I think customizability and usability (as compared to editing xml file itself) is more important than minimalist preferences pane.

mikebo

sound graph, spectrum visualizer, and font-adjustable text including grouping headers and player display.
and before you know it you'll need another tab in Preferences for color settings. After fine tunning colors to your liking it will look good on one skin, but shit if you switch to another.

I think customizability and usability (as compared to editing xml file itself) is more important than minimalist preferences pane.
We could integrate a full-on skin editor with a pretty ui into MB. Would it be more usable than editing xml? Sure. Would it make any sense? I'll leave the answer to you.

redwing

sound graph, spectrum visualizer, and font-adjustable text including grouping headers and player display.
and before you know it you'll need another tab in Preferences for color settings.

No, right-click menu item would suffice for coloring sound graph and spectrum visualizer. For "color text" setting, it won't take much space next to font setting.

After fine tunning colors to your liking it will look good on one skin, but shit if you switch to another.

You can always untick the coloring option after changing skin if you don't want it look like shit  :)

I think customizability and usability (as compared to editing xml file itself) is more important than minimalist preferences pane.
We could integrate a full-on skin editor with a pretty ui into MB. Would it be more usable than editing xml? Sure. Would it make any sense? I'll leave the answer to you.

Wonderful idea! Are you working on that?