Author Topic: Parameter looping for external tools  (Read 3720 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I finally figured out what the Media Monkey add-on is doing that MusicBee is not (currently).  It just has a command that loops a parameter over all the selected tracks.

In that script, %O is the full file path of the selected track, which I believe is equivalent to <URL> in MusicBee.  So you can either run the application once for each track with parameter %O in the command line or you can run the application ONLY once and loop the parameter as many times as there are tracks, with a specified separator.  They way they represent it is <%O: >, where <> tells it to loop the parameter and whatever's on the other side of : is the separator (in this case just a space).

I looked pretty closely at the current MusicBee functions and don't see a way to achieve this.  I'm hoping it would be fairly easy to set up...  *fingers crossed*
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just wanted to make one more plug for this.  Am I the only one who needs to send files to external programs in batches?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Just wanted to make one more plug for this.  Am I the only one who needs to send files to external programs in batches?

I thought MB was already doing this?  If I select a group of tracks and send them to MP3tag, MB loads them all. If I send them to Spek, a different screen is opened for each file. I don't have to load each one individually.  ???
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

lnminente

For multiple files i use to drag & drop, but there is a special case where i miss something wich i think is related with the OP, and it is when i select multiple files in MB and click "locate in windows explorer".
With MB explorer appears with only one file selected, and using WMP, explorer appears with the multiple files selected. Don't know the command line behind it :/

EDIT: It's not as easy as i thought  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9355/programatically-select-multiple-files-in-windows-explorer

redwing

I thought MB was already doing this?  If I select a group of tracks and send them to MP3tag, MB loads them all. If I send them to Spek, a different screen is opened for each file. I don't have to load each one individually.  ???

It varies depending on a program. You cannot do that with Picard unlike MP3tag.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It varies depending on a program. You cannot do that with Picard unlike MP3tag.

I was able to do this with Picard using MediaMonkey's plug-in, so the info must have been formatted differently.  Which is not to say that the receiving program isn't interpreting it differently, too.

Added: I installed MP3 tag to test this out, and it only opens once instance but also only loads two files for some reason.  (Well, they all loaded on one test.  But other than that I've only seen 2.)
Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:00:40 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)